• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mactac Dusted vinyl - color difference?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We just installed a large project using this film. Our installer messed up a few stripes that we replaced a few days later. Why is it so different looking? We did not mix the v1 and v2 vinyls - it is from the same roll of material. It is the v2 material.

Attachments

• 20201029_111629.jpg
    20201029_111629.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 550

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I tend to think not. Anytime you have some sort of design, whether it be dimples, texture, metallic or anything...... direction means everything. Over the years we've cut out literally thousands of 14" high 3mm red letters. When nesting, they all look the same. Once cut out, they all looked different. It was something the customer complained about in the very beginning. I simply told them, either get usd to it or we can cut all the letters in the same direction, but it's gonna cost a helluva lot more. Funny how that simple statement can make a difference in how people view things...... in more ways than one.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
It is Mactac B-Free. It is really nice stuff. We have used the Dusted and Frosted on numerous projects. Install technique is exactly the same, same installer, etc. Photo is after a couple of days, but the original was installed several days before. We are going to try cutting from the same direction, although that doesn't look promising. Waiting is out is another option. Mactac is stepping up and trying to help, although it is looking like a total redo at this point. Uggh.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Metallics tend to be directional. Before you replace it, I would give it a few days or maybe a week to let the adhesive wet out. The color may change as the adhesive flows out.

Also is this from the same roll/batch. they can vary from roll to roll and batch to batch.