• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mactac... FDC..... ???? never heard of it till today~

mountainmang

i've used fdc for 8 years with no issues to note. i guess it would be comparable to feller's shinerite or oracal 651.

CS-SignSupply

CiberSupply now offers FDC materials for drop shipment. We stock 24" CC500 from General Formulations (which whiteboxes for Fellers and several others).

Let me know which materials you use and I will be glad to get you a cross reference chart for FDC Products.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Mostly 3M and OraCal here, but our local supplier carries it and we use it when in a pinch. Our biggest complaint is... it seems to tear easily when weeding. It seems a little more brittle.

As for Mac Tac... never really liked it.... any of us, here.

slappy

no.. i'm a oracal/3m gal:wink:.

i found another somewhat local distributor when i was looking for H frames from my other post and i asked him what he stocked for vinyl. He told me those and i never heard of them before.

gino's post cleared it up though.... i'm not a fan of tearing vinyl when weeding so i'll probably never use it.

if you'd like to send me a sample though to turn me onto it... i'll take it however to try :)

headfirst

We've been using a lot of MacTac lately. It's comparable to Oracal. I prefer that blue liner on the oracal white for weeding, but I like the convenience of having a Mactac distributor across the street.

J

john1

i had a customer come in with a printed sticker on mactac material to get duplicated and it felt and looked cheap as heck. Even my general formulations 201/203 looks far more superior.

Jillbeans

MacCrap sux. Brittle, rips easily etc.
Stick with what you're using.
FDC is OK though. The only problem I ever had with it was an unmarked splice.
Love....Jill

letterman7

Use FDC almost exclusively (probably from the same distributor you called). Never had a failure in over 10 years.

J

john1

I know grimco sells FDC so maybe it is a branch off 3M since they only sell 3M vinyl and their house brand Brite Line.