• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mactac materials with Ecosol Max

messmedia

Hello, people!

Being only few months in this business actively, I got to know both, good and bad stuff of the industry. One thing is constantly great, though: It's this Roland of mine, - reliable, hardworking workhorse. (knock on woods so i don't jinx it!!! :{D)
Anyway, we used Orafol media for printing, and still planning to, for the majority of work, but closest suplier of it is in a different country from us, so, sometimes It makes problems for us, and still I have to plan getting suplies on a monthly level, and if I ran out of something, I can't order smaller quantities, because of traveling and importing expenses that add greatly to the cost of media in that case ...

So, I learned as of Monday, finally, we're gonna get a MacTac importer here, in this country. I am perfectly happy with Orafol media, but for the sake of quicker response to our needs, we will get mac tac also.
Only, I would like to hear Your suggestions about what Mactac media I should use with my Roland on Ecosol Max inks?

To further explain why I ask this is - We purchased some citylight paper earlier - manufactured by Euromedia, that just couldnt print on my machine. The colors wouldnt dry, no matter the settings I used. And our suplier swore they printed it on Mutohs (!?!?). On thrd party inks maybe!!! I think I even have a thread started here for that matter. I just wouldnt like to repeat that mistake.

I couldnt find compatibility sheets on Mactac site, and also, our supplier couldnt answer to our questin about it. So, I need those sugestions for:

Vinyl (universal - glass and curved surfaces)
Citylight paper (backlight - for advertising light boxes)
Photo paper (for posters etc)

Funny, though, I couldnt find any PAPER under solvent digital printing at MACtac site. But I guess some of the papers from roll category could do??

Needles to say - I just hated MACtac site. So hard to find my way around! :{D
Thanx for Your time and any attempt to help me ...

JR Digital

mactac is good stuff. IF you're looking for paper for posters, the best photopaper for solvent inks is by SIHL. I've tried many and that brand is the as close and hassle free as printing from my hp5500.

Sticky Signs

I have not used any mactac on my ProIII but I did check vesaworks online and they have color profiles for about 10 different mactac medias. I think it's a safe bet to say that those will work for you.