• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MacTac Street Wrap

Design4cnc

Has anyone here ever used MacTac's Street Wrap Vinyl. I covered an outdoor rooftop concrete patio 40' x 100' with it and the sun is making it bubble up. I used my Rho with UV inks and laminated it with a skid proof lam. If any one else has had similar issues please let me know. Thanks

CheapVehicleWrap

Love the stuff, no problems. Did you use the correct lam? I imagine you pressure washed that large of an area. Was it thoroughly dry? Could the sun be heating air bubbles?

Design4cnc

Yeah it was all cleaned and dry properly. I've used the product before and never had an issue. I used the Lam Mactac told me to use. I cut up a small area and sent it to mactac. They just got back to me and said the Concrete is trying to gas out and thats whats causing the bubbles.

showcase 66

I am going to assume it is concrete not cement. Cement should not have been used for anything like that.

Either way, concrete or cement are technically porous. They absorb moisture and release a gas pretty much the whole life of the object. Out here in Arizona most structures in the above ground do not absorb much moisture but foundations and pretty much anything in the ground will. I believe in Maryland, you have a lot higher humidity level than we do. High humidity can cause concrete to be more saturated as well which would cause more of an out gas.

Couple things need to be known.
Is there any seems in the patio? Like the lines every 6' in a sidewalk.
Below the patio, is it open or is it part of the enclosed building?
Has the rooftop been properly sealed?

CheapVehicleWrap

yeah, even though concrete takes 25 years to fully cure, 6 years should be plenty fine. Could there be bodies under the slab? Not uncommon here in Jersey. That sized area could house 6-12 bodies easily and that could outgas.

showcase 66

yeah, even though concrete takes 25 years to fully cure, 6 years should be plenty fine. Could there be bodies under the slab? Not uncommon here in Jersey. That sized area could house 6-12 bodies easily and that could outgas.

That reminds me of my uncle back int he Philly area. When he got a new lincoln a while back he came to visit us while we were back there. Showing us the car he said business was doing so good he needed a bigger trunk.

CentralSigns

Yeah it was all cleaned and dry properly. I've used the product before and never had an issue. I used the Lam Mactac told me to use. I cut up a small area and sent it to mactac. They just got back to me and said the Concrete is trying to gas out and thats whats causing the bubbles.

Sounds to me like the responder went to the "Deny the Claim" school for insurance adjusters. Or the stuff isn't supposed to be used on concrete.

Brands Imaging

not to highjack the thread but i have a direct sun application coming up that is gonna be blased by sunlight everyday...how long has it been on there? how has the color been holding up?

I just feel for an applicaion that hardcore I'd probable feel safer using 3M