• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Made a cool A-frame today.

visualeyez

Customer talked our shop into donating a 4x6' A-frame sign for their golf tourney, along with some other signs they paid for. So I was advised to make this thing as cost effective as possible. Two full color prints applied to 4x6 white corex sheets. Spent $12 on 3 hinges, screws, and 3 2"x4"x8's. Ripped the 2"x4" down to 2"x2" on our table saw. Cut two of those into 6'ers, and then 3 more to make 6x 4'ers. Fastened the sticks to the corex in the shape of an E facing down, and screwed the hinges into to top. Worked out very nicely. No pics till after the weekend. I like minimalist type stuff... used 3 2x4's and had wood left over, lol. I originally bid it at about $500 but we later knocked it down to $300 I think. It also had a few velcro attached corex sponsor panels. Did I do allright?

-Keith

Malkin

Only insofar as to have records for what you donated. Also, if you bill them with a 100% discount applied, then they may have the proper respect for what it should have cost. This helps for the next time they want to order stuff.

Marlene

So I was advised to make this thing as cost effective as possible.

they were asked to make it cost effective not donate it. sounds like you did your best to make it cost effective.