• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Made an imgur album of the hour it takes for our black to crap out.

IvanDD

http://imgur.com/a/Svd3R

Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to what may be wrong. If the head is fine after sitting for several hours, is it really a head issue?

Also, I can replicate this every morning if I wanted to.

Thanks!

rjssigns

Bad/semi-clogged damper causing ink starvation?

Good suggestion to start with^^^

You may have the tiniest of air leaks. A bad o-ring on the manifold or line would be my guess. Could be as simple as a bad ink bladder in the cartridge too.

parrott

This appears to have become a known issue that Epson is avoiding. They will tell you to replace both heads ($3k) and deny any wrong doing. There are several other threads on this same known issue. Please update when you get this resolved as I would like to know what Epson says. Thanks!

mdjamesd

What are the production dates on the inks in the printer? They had known issues with black ink about 2 years ago... Other than that..bad damper assembly.

If you PM me the dates on the ink, I'll get in touch with an Epson field tech that I know

IvanDD

so we had the epson tech (or contracted tech) come out early december and replace the black head and put a filter on the black line. Everything was fine. IT is now just over 6 months later and the same exact issue. Black is starting to drop out and i assume its only going to get worse. They will not send an epson tech out, they will only send one of their contractors. These contractors just replace the head and resolve the problem temporarily. They're not trouble shooting anything, their just curing the symptoms. Im about done with Epson.