Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Made in China Laminators?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by kirkbedtelyon, Jun 7, 2019.

1. kirkbedtelyon

kirkbedtelyon Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Gaylord, MI
    Okay, I probably wouldn't order one of these machines as it scares the begeebies out of me to think of not having parts or service readily available BUT check out some of the features for the cost.

I especially like the cutting feature (scroll down to see them). I don't think I've seen adjustable cutters on the laminators readily available in the states.

Has anyone ever ordered one of these?

https://dmaisjd.en.made-in-china.co...old-Laminator-with-Best-Price.html#slideVideo

Tags:
  2. InstantOneMedia

InstantOneMedia Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    We bought a US Tech laminator from a local distributor which is made in China. We've had to replace a couple of fuses and the speed dial. Parts came fast and distributor was able to install. Reach out and see if they have a US dealer, or mechanic. Otherwise you'll be on the phone trying to understand what they're saying as they walk you through the repairs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kirkbedtelyon

kirkbedtelyon Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Gaylord, MI
    Just spoke to Fellers regarding Seal Laminators. I was surprised they do not offer a cutter option for their laminators. Here's a video showing the cutter in action (skip to the 60 second mark). http://gdtjkj.com/en/About.Asp?ID=12

4. kirkbedtelyon

kirkbedtelyon Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Gaylord, MI
    Any suggestions for state side distributors (other than Sign Warehouse, i.e. Endurolam)?

5. InstantOneMedia

InstantOneMedia Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    Email the factory directly and ask them. I'd also start by searching local dealers so you have someone close for repairs.