• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magazine ad

kstompaint

A long-time friend and customer of mine is a pro-freestyle jet ski champion who now makes his own custom machines. I'm a member of a boating forum which was holding a meet at our local lake. The event was to be covered for an article in the print magazine that hosts the online forum. I arranged for a freestyle demonstration and they agreed to give my friend a 1/3 page ad in the magazine in return. I had 6 months to do it but what fun is a project with no deadline? None, so I chose to do it on the last day! There were a dozen pics in my inbox to work with and I obviously had his logos... 45 minutes later, this is what I had and I was left with little time for revisions.

Attachments

• EME ad.jpg
    EME ad.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 183

Bigdawg

Just Me
That will work if you are just introducing your friend... no info in the ad? ... but your information on the bottom tag line has more visibility than anything else IMHO... was that intentional?

kstompaint

There is an adjacent article in the same issue that covers a freestyle demonstration that he performed. It's a pretty niche market and anybody in it knows who he is and what he's doing. He basically builds high-end freestyle PWCs and that's about it. I had less than an hour and only one shot at it. He was happy with it. I think it looks cool and that was basically what I was going for. I tried adding some details, but it's only 1/3 page ad and it just got muddy looking.

Billct2

I like it.
You did the wrap on his jetski?
I read your line as you did the artwork for the ad, but not the PWC.

kstompaint

I read your line as you did the artwork for the ad, but not the PWC.
Actually, I did both. The one that's doing the backflip is just cut vinyl on black gelcoat. The burt orange one is all paint, brother! The painted ones are all custom one-offs and those are his "signature edition" boats.

kstompaint

He is really big on everything going through him. He's spent the bulk of his life building his brand, so the custom paint is an option that goes through him as the manufacturer. I'm ok with it because they are very expensive high-end units and he pays us well for what we do for him. A check is better than a pat on the back any day :)