• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta and cyan cutting out, a lot of ink leakage in waste area in UJF 3042

ghayden

I've been trying to troubleshoot consistent bad test draws (nozzle washes, replaced dumper, air purge, injecting cleaning fluid) with little results. I noticed a lot of fresh ink leaking down the spiral waste tube for head one. Does this point to clogging in the line or an air leak or anything like that? Thank you.

ghayden

finalg

You should check the dumpers.
I had a similar problem with white ink.
The dumper white ink was broken, i had to replace it.

netrave

I have been having the same issues. Our machines are not even 1 year old.

We always have nozzles out - issues with test draws - banding all kinds of issues.

Mimaki has had tech's to our shop over 20 times to try and fix it.

They align the head, air purge it, flush it. Re-align everything...

They changed the Magenta head and replaced the dampers just for the hell of it.

It works great when they leave for about 4 or 5 days. Then we are right back to the same crap.

I really don't know if these machines ever become more reliable or if we are just being test dummies for them as they refine them or honestly if they could even care.

I really am debating switching to a different company - either Roland LEF20 or looking at the InkCups X2 printer.

I know that once i switch, I am going to be getting myself into a whole new world of issues. The grass is always greener so i really don't have a clue what to do at this point.

When they work - the machines are amazing. But you can go one day have a great day- works awesome - come into the office the next day and can't get it to print anything decent.