• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta Appears to be Dropping Out - HP 370

rdm01

I'm working on an HP 370 and we've started loosing magenta for an inch or so periodically throughout a print. I've attached an image. Seems every 2-4 feet it will do this. The printer also will ward of a print head that may affect image quality (won't say which one) and suggests a print head test print. When we do that all appears to be fine.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Attachments

• banding.JPG
    banding.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 160

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
I'm working on an HP 370 and we've started loosing magenta for an inch or so periodically throughout a print. I've attached an image. Seems every 2-4 feet it will do this. The printer also will ward of a print head that may affect image quality (won't say which one) and suggests a print head test print. When we do that all appears to be fine.

Need to replace one of your M/Y print heads or maybe both.

AKwrapguy

Remember that HP latex print heads are consumable. The average HP latex print head life is about 3-4 liters. How much ink have you put through the heads?

rdm01

Not sure how much has gone through. I took them out too see if there was any noticeable damage and now the machine wont accept them. It just continually says to reseat the heads. Now I have two new ones on the way. What a pain.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how much has gone through. I took them out too see if there was any noticeable damage and now the machine wont accept them. It just continually says to reseat the heads. Now I have two new ones on the way. What a pain.
Good practice for these printers is to keep at least 2 of each head on hand at all times. I've had multiple heads go down at one time before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk