• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta banding

otctech

I have a xj-540 that has major magenta banding issues no matter what I seem to do. The test print and fill test both look great but as soon as I send a job with magenta in it to the printer there is major banding and over-spray. I have done the bias/vertical, horizontal and bi-dir. default and they all look good. The jobs print fine on other printers so I don't think its a job issue. I have included pictures of the banding, the over-spray and the fill test. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CIMG0137.jpg
    CIMG0137.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 60
  • CIMG0138.jpg
    CIMG0138.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 70
  • CIMG0139.jpg
    CIMG0139.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 54
  • CIMG0140.jpg
    CIMG0140.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 56
  • CIMG0141.jpg
    CIMG0141.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 63

CS-SignSupply

What material? Does this file on this material print ok on other printers?

In the last pic, the magenta and cyan overlap some... something is off.

Overspray looks like static issue.

What profile are you using and what speed/quality?

otctech

Sorry it took so long to respond, I got swamped. It is a print head issue. We took the print head off and flushed it with ink cleaner and it is running good... for now. Usually when we've had bad print heads the test print(s) have issues as well but not this time which is why I wasn't sure it was the print head. I've noticed that we seem to go through magenta heads faster than any other. I'm curious is that an Inktec ink trait or have others who use different ink noticed this as well? Thanks for all the replies guys.