• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta drop on jv33

gixxer2004

My magenta dropped out completely so I put a new cap top in. The magenta came back full but the damper only has a little bit in the bottom. Is my damper bad? I made sure all of the nuts were tight so it doesn't seem like a air leak. Any thoughts? Should I take a syringe and fill it or do a ink fill?

thanks!

4R Graphics

if you are running a 4 color set up pull both Magenta dampners off flip them up side down put a syringe in the bottom of both of them open the magnetic locks on both ink carts (you can do it in the menu dont remember how) once the cart locks are open make sure you have the dampner upside down pull slow on the good dampner syringe until you get ink in the syringe leave it like that then pull ink into the other dampner once you have ink in both syringes pull the syringes out and put the dampners back your done.

if you do them one at a time often I have had problems where you are pulling ink from one dampner to the other thats why you do both at the same time.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup! 4R nailed it pretty well. The dampers on these should be totally or near totally full and you must open at least one of the cartridge valves for the color you want to pull first.

gixxer2004

Thanks 4R and Sightline! It worked perfectly and I was up and running in no time. I now have a perfect test print and full dampers. I don't know what I would do with out the support of SIGNS101!!!!:rock-n-roll: