• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Magenta line after dark colors print

Jaime IL

My Mutoh Valuejet has recently been printing a small 1/8 inch magenta line after dark colors. We have recently changed our printhead, maintenance station, wiper and we do weekly cleanings. I have tried adjusting my ICC profiles (using FlexiSIGN-pro) and output color levels. The line is only printed at the top every time a dark color is printed and not on any other side. Attached are some pictures for a better description. Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3653.jpg
    IMG_3653.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_3797.jpg
    IMG_3797.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3798.jpg
    IMG_3798.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 281

flyplainsdrifta

sorry should have been more clear. in the file make up, is it a composite black (30,30,30,100) or single color (0,0,0,100)?

flyplainsdrifta

reason i ask is on all of my printers that have that magenta peeking with black, it usually comes down to a ph alignment issue. not sure how the valuejet is set up or anything, but id run the alignment pattern (if there is one) and see where you are at.

edit: try a single color black and see if the issue repeats itself on those.

MikePro

you've got cyan showing as well, in that yellow "M" logo. chances are, your printhead alignments are off.

nozzle/alignment test prints should confirm

Last edited:

henryp

My Mutoh Valuejet has recently been printing a small 1/8 inch magenta line after dark colors. We have recently changed our printhead, maintenance station, wiper and we do weekly cleanings. I have tried adjusting my ICC profiles (using FlexiSIGN-pro) and output color levels. The line is only printed at the top every time a dark color is printed and not on any other side. Attached are some pictures for a better description. Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated!!!

The printhead slant adjustment is most likely out, the printhead needs to be rotated so that all colors line up to the reference color.

ice_screenshot_20190410-093413.png

Jaime IL

I spent all morning doing all the proper alignments and now all the checks come back and aligned perfectly, but there is still the red line :(

signman315

Signmaker
could be sabre angle as HenryP described, but I don't think that would result in the prints as you showed them....really looks like a head alignment issue of one kind or another....is it along the X or Y axis that the magenta/shows? You can also see the cyan on the opposite side, what you are showing in the pics is tell tale printhead alignment issues. The X axis can be fixed with a digital calibration....the Y axis needs to be aligned mechanically by adjusting the physical position of the head (not a fun time). This is based on my experience with other machines, so Mutoh might be a little different (i.e. I might have my "X" and "Y"s mixed up) but it definitely appears to be some kind of printhead alignment issue. Have any repairs been performed recently such as a head replacement?

Jaime IL

could be sabre angle as HenryP described, but I don't think that would result in the prints as you showed them....really looks like a head alignment issue of one kind or another....is it along the X or Y axis that the magenta/shows? You can also see the cyan on the opposite side, what you are showing in the pics is tell tale printhead alignment issues. The X axis can be fixed with a digital calibration....the Y axis needs to be aligned mechanically by adjusting the physical position of the head (not a fun time). This is based on my experience with other machines, so Mutoh might be a little different (i.e. I might have my "X" and "Y"s mixed up) but it definitely appears to be some kind of printhead alignment issue. Have any repairs been performed recently such as a head replacement?
Yes we just replaced the printhead about a month ago.

signman315

Signmaker
Yes we just replaced the printhead about a month ago.
That's more evidence towards a printhead alignment issue....there should be some kind of "set screw" or pin that the head sits against....that pin determines the alignment of the head on the Y axis. It's different on each printer but the point is that there is some kind of physical mechanism that the printhead sits against for alignment purposes on the Y axis. If before the old printhead was removed the location of the pin/mechanism wasn't locked in place (or not noted) then when you put in the new printhead there's no way of placing it in the proper Y axis alignment. So that's my guess of what happened....but unless you let me/us know what direction the misalignment is (can't tell from pictures) then we can't determine whether it's misaligned on the Y or the X axis. Based on the fact that you recently replaced a head I'm GUESSING that it's a Y axis issue and the head needs to be loosened and physically adjusted. But if it's the X axis then it's easier and can be adjusted via the control panel of the printer (using standard printhead alignment procedure for that machine).

Jaime IL

I got it!!!! After spending all day yesterday doing manual and digital adjustments, I physically adjusted the printhead by unscrewing it and checking alignment after placement. Thank you all for your help and advice!

signman315

Signmaker
I got it!!!! After spending all day yesterday doing manual and digital adjustments, I physically adjusted the printhead by unscrewing it and checking alignment after placement. Thank you all for your help and advice!
Glad to hear you got it! I was thinking that had to be the case :)