• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta Not printing on HP Latex L26500

SignProPlus-Chip

Into my 16th print head cleaning cycle.
Starts to print, then drops out, every time.
Yes, I changed the print heads.

Printed for a short while, I am guessing because the heads were charged with ink already

No error messages except the occasional 98:03 for print quality issues. So I suspect for some reason the ink is not getting to the head from the cartridge?

Anyone know what else I can check or look for?

Christian @ 2CT Media

You might have the infamous air in the lines. The ink lines will eventually get a leak and suck air.

But to verify, have you replaced the ink cartridges?

SignProPlus-Chip

Yes...I replace the magenta cartridge which was not out at the time, but REALLY low. I thought it may be part of the problem.

You might have the infamous air in the lines. The ink lines will eventually get a leak and suck air.

But to verify, have you replaced the ink cartridges?

I would agree that the most likely scenario is that there is air in the ink train. Look at the right side of the carriage, and you will see that the ink lines are clear. This makes it easy to see if the lines have ink in them as they move to the printheads.

The ink lines are pressurized, and on rare occasions it is possible to get a faulty cartridge which can cause problems with the IPS, by allowing air into the ink train.

SignProPlus-Chip

I just ran through some diagnostics.

Ink supplies are OK
Ink Pressure system is OK

What is the best way to get a peek at the right side of the carriage?

Also, if it is air in the lines, am I pretty much stuck doing a purge?

I would agree that the most likely scenario is that there is air in the ink train. Look at the right side of the carriage, and you will see that the ink lines are clear. This makes it easy to see if the lines have ink in them as they move to the printheads.

The ink lines are pressurized, and on rare occasions it is possible to get a faulty cartridge which can cause problems with the IPS, by allowing air into the ink train.

VTSigns

Believe it or not, I just ran into this exact scenario this week with my L25500. I did overnight printing and came in in the morning and the Cyan was asking to be swapped out so I swapped it out for a new cartridge. From there on my printer had problems. HP determined that the cartridge had caused all of the problems so they sent out technicians to replace my entire ink tube assembly and a couple other parts. I wasn't under warranty but they voluntarily paid for the entire service call stating the cartridge caused problems with the ink tubes and air lines.

There are several ways to get the carriage out into the print area in order to inspect the ink lines as they enter the carriage. You can go to the Ink Menu > Replace Printhead, and after the carriage moves out, cancel the operation without replacing a head.

What does the nozzle test print show (Ink > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean Printhead > Test print) for the Magenta heads? If they are both showing a lot of nozzle outs, that would point to ink starvation from the ink train.

SignProPlus-Chip

Ink lines look OK.

Test print shows full nozzles on #5 and partial on #6

Before I swapped out the print heads I had no Magenta at all. I put in #6 first, it printed fine, then started to drop out....the printer asked for #5 to be replaced a short while later. Then #6 stated to drop out.

I figure the ink that the heads come pre-charged with it what i was seeing at first, then is dropped out when potential air in the lines reached the head.

It looks like the partial head is getting a bit better after a few cleanings, I tried printing a few large swatches of Magenta too....perfect at first then the #6 head goes spotty again.

Ran into a few things online that basically says I can shut the printer down and siphon ink from the carriage after removing the print head. Is this OK to do in your opinion? Should I keep going with the print head cleaning cycles?

I no longer have the 98:03 error, just a problem with the actual print quality.

There are several ways to get the carriage out into the print area in order to inspect the ink lines as they enter the carriage. You can go to the Ink Menu > Replace Printhead, and after the carriage moves out, cancel the operation without replacing a head.

What does the nozzle test print show (Ink > Image Quality Maintenance > Clean Printhead > Test print) for the Magenta heads? If they are both showing a lot of nozzle outs, that would point to ink starvation from the ink train.

sacristo

Ink lines look OK.

Test print shows full nozzles on #5 and partial on #6

Before I swapped out the print heads I had no Magenta at all. I put in #6 first, it printed fine, then started to drop out....the printer asked for #5 to be replaced a short while later. Then #6 stated to drop out.

I figure the ink that the heads come pre-charged with it what i was seeing at first, then is dropped out when potential air in the lines reached the head.

It looks like the partial head is getting a bit better after a few cleanings, I tried printing a few large swatches of Magenta too....perfect at first then the #6 head goes spotty again.

Ran into a few things online that basically says I can shut the printer down and siphon ink from the carriage after removing the print head. Is this OK to do in your opinion? Should I keep going with the print head cleaning cycles?

I no longer have the 98:03 error, just a problem with the actual print quality.
PLEASE WERE YOU ABLE TO FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?I AM HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT.THANKS