• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta not printing

Otis

Having problems with my Mutoh not printing the magenta out of the outer head. Each color has two banks that print on the test. All the colors are printing in both banks but the magenta is only printing in one. (hope I explained that clearly).

I did the charge, clean and soak "on and off" for a week. I still get "some" or "no" magenta on that bank. It is very sporadic. I even replaced the damper, but no luck.

Any ideas:banghead:

Bob

randya

If you are getting some nozzles firing on that bank, then it may not be the head.
The sporatic part is usually something as simple as the cap or maintenance station.

How old is the printer, and when was the last time dampers and maintenance station were replaced. These are considered consumables and recommended at about every 18 months or so, depending on how well you do maintenance.

Have you tried hooking up a syringe to the bottom of the capping station and checking for a good seal?

Otis

The printer is about 4 years old. I just replaced the dampers (in an effort to fix it) but to no avail. How would I even begin to hook up a syringe to the bottom of the capping station? Do you happen to know if there are instructions posted anywhere? Thanks again

randya

Follow the drain lines up to the capping station.
You will need the correct size tubing from the syringe to the bottom of the cap.
And you will need to clamp off one of the drain lines or use a T or Y connector to attach to both.

I dont recall seeing any posted instructions.

Most likely you are due for a new Maintenance Station.

Otis

Ok I did the syringe process for both drain lines, ran the test and the final head came in...but as soon as I cleaned/charged it disappeared again. Also, I figured out the vacuum line was clogged so I took an air compressor and unclogged it. Put it all back together, let it soak over night, came in the following morning and the final head came 75% in. Ran the test, tried printing Red but it all disappeared again. All of the other colors are working, its just that one!

jhanson

Sometimes you can also have a clogged damper screen that causes suction issues like what you described. It's generally a good idea to change out the dampers whenever you have an issue like this.

Otis

The docking station head was replaced (including the lines). I know the two lines are waste lines and from what i understand the third line is the vaccuum...but theres ink in it. Why? Is it supposed to be like that? And the red looks like its trying to come back but its not 100% yet. Thanks again!

tiger1970

whole print head does't print

:banghead:I have a similar problem. I changed out magenta pipe line and damper, the print head, and for moments I can print, but after the problem become, and now it is worst because this whole print head don't print. I don't know how I have to enter it into the printer set up. Please if anyone have a service manual or way to do it

chorca

I had issues with this after rebuilding my Falcon. The issue I had seemed to be with the damper or O-Ring. I replaced the damper, and flipped the o-ring upside-down. I also made sure that the brass nut was tight against it, and the ink stayed in the damper after this.

Before the damper replacement, after a cleaning I would get a little Lm on the nozzle test, but then sucessive tests would show few or no nozzles due to the ink getting pulled back into the line, the damper wasn't sealing or operating correctly.