• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta nozzle doesn't print..

Convex Signs

Hello I just bought a used mimaki jv3-130spII. I am having difficulties printing with the magenta. When i send a print command, the magenta nozzle doesn't fire properly. Can anyone help me with this? I have done basically cleaning with the print head. I have also replaced all cartridges.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
How old is the machine? Did you see a good nozzle test print prior to getting it? Has it sat unused long? How was it transported? How long was it shut down before being transported? Was it flushed for transportation? When did the prior owner last replace the dampers, capping station, print heads, wiper, o-rings, pumps? Is it configuered for dual CMYK or CMYKLcLm? How did you clean the printhead? Have you done a nozzle soak? Ink fills? Disway wash to make sure pumps are pulling good from all caps?

Convex Signs

the original owner said he bought it new in 2006. He said he did the nozzle test print an hour before we got there. I'm not sure how long it was sitting before we bought it. I took it apart from the stand and transported it in my van.
I took out the print head assembly and wash it with the cleaning liquid and then assembled everything back and now nothing prints and it looks like it is printing, but i see no color. is there a sensor that tells the print head to print? And if the print head goes bad will it display it on the machine? It is a dual CYMK. How do you do a nozzle soak, ink fills and disway wash? Thanks.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You will need a bottle of cleaning liquid and a syringe to dispense some into the cap tops. Disway wash, nozzle wash, etc are under one of the maintenance menus. Disway will just flush cleaning solution through the cap tops and pumps. Nozzle wash - what you want will have you fill cleaning solution in the cap tops just till they are about to flow over, then hit enter and it will ask how long. I'd give it a good 30 minute soak to begin with. Also - the magenta dampers should be about half full. Worst case - pull the cover on the back of the machine behind the capping station end. That is where the pumps are, you can disconnect the tube to the magenta head cap, connect a syringe and manually (but LIGHTLY) pull ink through and into the head. It sounds as though it might have lost its prime.

MikePro

Post photos of test print and failed production print or it never happend
Also, if you took it apart and don't know the simple things like running the maintenance menu, I'm inclined to believe you may have done more harm than good.

Now that your at it, include pics of your print head assembly, dampers, ink lines