• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magenta shadow on Black

Signs2u

Test print is perfect. Wheneven I print anything black (this example swatch is 0-0-0-100) I am getting a magenta shadow. This is really bad on text (see picture).

Roland VP540 running actual Roland ink. New Caps and wipers right before I did these prints.

Any idea?!?!

HELP!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0711.jpg
    IMAG0711.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 554
  • IMAG0707.jpg
    IMAG0707.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 389
  • IMAG0713.jpg
    IMAG0713.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 367
  • IMAG0710.jpg
    IMAG0710.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 396

synergy_jim

you need to do an electronic alignment on the magenta head. Its very simple but you need to be in service mode to do it. Basically it prints a grid and allows you to fine adjust the head and when it fires to bring everything back into alignment.

PM me if you need additional help.

timkaz227

i think everyone is missing the problem. My understanding is that you are printing 100% black, but there's still a Magenta shadow. I'm having the same problem. I designed something in Adobe Illustrator in cmyk w/ 100% black. I went back afterwards and changed the black to the corresponding versaworks spot color that is 100% black. Worked fine. unfortunately thaT WON'T ALWAYS BE AN OPTION.

stillhasdust

You need to do a manual adjustment on the magenta head. It envolves going into service mode and doing a vertical adjustment. You have to manually loosen up the head and adjusting it until the black and magenta are even and then retighten the head.

Graphics2u

maybe I'm missing something. Why is there any magenta in the black in the first place?
I believe the only time you're going to only use 100% black from the printer is if you send it with no color correction turned on. Otherwise the RIP is going to use a mix of all colors to make black. I could be wrong, but I think that is why.

In this case it looks like a mechanical adjustment is needed. they would probably get the same shadow on any color that used magenta in the mix, not just black.

This needs a vertical adjustment of the head which is done manually on most machines. If the shadow was on the left or right ends of the print then you could adjust it out with thte electronic timing adjustments that were mentioned earlier.

To the OP: Try printing a Purple stripe, you'll probably see the magenta shadow on that as well.

banner

sombra magenta

isso chama vaporização, a cabeça de impressão deve estar com um tempo de uso, edite um perfil generico que já tenhas e deixe só o preto e imprima uma faixa de 5 cm vais ver que continuará vaporizando. troque a cabeça:Big Laugh

J Hill Designs

above:
This is called vaporization, the printhead must be with a time of use, edit a profile you've already generic and leave only the black print and a range of 5 cm'll see that continue spraying. replace the head

sharece5150

I just replaced the print head in my sp-540v, im having the same thing happen with the megenta shadow? How do I fix this?

I cant find anything about alignment on the Roland webpage...

Mine does something similar if I use Corel Black or AI Black. I have to use the Roland Black and it comes out fine. I dont know why.

To answer your question: An ICC-based workflow will always change the build values for RGB and CMYK-based colors. If you create a color black using 0,0,0,100, the RIP will reinterpret the color and print it using another build, one that takes into account the media that you are printing on (among other variables), and the ICC profile being used.

Roland Colors do not use an ICC-based workflow, and are a direct CMYK output, based on the name, and the CMYK values that are tied to that name. This conversion occurs in Versaworks. That is why you don't see it happening when you use the Roland Color.

As others have said, the problem is in the physical alignment/ bias adjust for the printheads.

MikePro

I wish that when people start threads like this, and ask questions, that they later add closure to the thread with their solution.

if you're knowledgable enough to install your own head, you should be able to figure out a way to make sure your head is square with your other printheads before closing up the printhead carriage... otherwise, call a tech because plugging a head into your printer isn't even half the trouble. Up/down misalignment (mechanical) can only be corrected by manipulating the printhead's mounting position, having a keen eye, and pretty much playing russian roulette with all the possibile opportunities to ruin your printer.
My method, for my mimaki, was to fit the head but not completely tighten the screws. Attached everything else but what I needed left out to access the screws, powered up my printer, and ran a test print. Using a magnifying glass I was able to notice that my newly installed cyan head was x.degrees clockwise and x.points too high out of whack from being square to the black and magenta heads. I powered down my printer, loosened the head screws, and made a slight adjustment before re-tightening the screws. Powered-up, test print, and repeat as necessary until the head is square and aligned up/down with the rest of the heads.

left/right alignment (electronic) can later be adjusted in your maintenance/service mode, which prints lines and requires you to enter variables telling the printer which one refers to overlapping lines. The printer always assumes your leading head is square, and the remaining channels are then aligned left/right accordingly to match by inputing variables that allow the printer to know how to hit the same left/right coordinates as the leading head.
There is no variable for up/down or rotation correction, as your printer assumes that you know how to install printheads square in the first place.

jigsaw

You may find it is a static problem, do you have the machine earthed with a wire strap to the wall or floor. That fixed the same problem for me.

Burtoncorp

Is there a way to turn off the color correction in Versaworks? So if you wanted to print K100 it would only print K100.
I know you can in Onyx.