• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magic brand Postermax sticking

Stagecraft

Wondering if this is a common issue...
Have used several rolls of Postermax over the past year and have had problems with every one. The media will unroll nicely for the first third or first half of the roll, then it gets progressively stickier. In other words, it won't feed into the printer and eventually causes motor fault errors.
Counter person at our supplier says he hasn't heard of this problem before. We checked the production dates and all rolls are from different lots. We know it isn't an environmental or storage issue on our end as we've seen this problem on several brand-new rolls.
Our supplier has credited us for the product but we deal with several designers that insist on this product for various reasons.
Again, the supplier says he hasn't encountered the problem before...thoughts?

CanuckSigns

Of all the times I've called a supplier to report a problem with a product, I've only once had them tell me that they know about the issue, everyone else has told me they have never had complaints.

I would say to just continue to complain to your supplier, and get credited for the portion of the roll that is useless, account for this when you order it. When the supplier starts loosing money on this, they WILL let the manufacturer know!

Hollidark

Yes. Every roll of the latex coated has done that to me. Seems like the further I go down the lighter my blacks and other darks print as well. Need to test but always get busy.

Sticky Signs

I use it all the time and I've never had that problem. It doesn't dry very well, but i've never had a motor error because of it. What printer are you running? Are you using all the pinch rollers or just the outside ones. BTW, how's the new set up treatin' ya?