• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magic bullet head cleaner

Paul the plumber

Print head blockage
I have a blockage on one of the blacks on my mimaki cjv, I’ve tried all the usually cleaning methods to no avail. I searched head cleaning on the web and stumbled across a product called magic bullet. The product seems to work with vapour entering the print head via a pre soaked cloth placed under the head. Having watched a few on line videos, it seems easy enough to use, my only problem is I can’t find any information as to is suitability for a solvent ink print head.
Any experience would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

2B

unsure about the vapor method, I know we have "soaked" Eco-Sol Print Heads

If I remember correctly, take the head out and submerge into the cleaning solution
* submerge only deep enough for the nozzles to be covered, no fluid onto the electrical components.
seems like they do it on Friday and let soak over the weekend.

SIGNTIME

Not sure what printer you are working on but we do head soaks by clamping of the cap top tube of the head in need using a clothes pin and zip tie. Once clamped you can fill he cap top with cleaning solution park the heads and let sit usually overnight, with the power off. In the morning unclamp and run an auto clean.

stxrmxn

I have a blockage on one of the blacks on my mimaki cjv, I’ve tried all the usually cleaning methods to no avail. I searched head cleaning on the web and stumbled across a product called magic bullet. The product seems to work with vapour entering the print head via a pre soaked cloth placed under the head. Having watched a few on line videos, it seems easy enough to use, my only problem is I can’t find any information as to is suitability for a solvent ink print head.
Any experience would be greatly appreciated.
Paul
The CJV has a head soak function. soak as normal and when the head goes into the wash for the designated time you set, instead of waiting for the timer to run down pull the power and leave overnight. Alternatively you can remove the wash cartridge and fill up the docking station with a bit of SPC-0369 (this is stronger than the stuff in the cartridges)

Paul the plumber

Print head blockage

If I remember correctly, take the head out and submerge into the cleaning solution
* submerge only deep enough for the nozzles to be covered, no fluid onto the electrical components.
Thank you

Paul the plumber

Print head blockage
The CJV has a head soak function. soak as normal and when the head goes into the wash for the designated time you set, instead of waiting for the timer to run down pull the power and leave overnight. Alternatively you can remove the wash cartridge and fill up the docking station with a bit of SPC-0369 (this is stronger than the stuff in the cartridges)
Thank you. I’ll try and find the spc fluid. I have done the docking station trick and left it for a week but doesn’t seem to have shifted the blockage.

Paul the plumber

Print head blockage

Thank you, I’ll give it a go.