Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic bullet head cleaner

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Paul the plumber, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Paul the plumber

Paul the plumber Print head blockage

Mar 3, 2014
    Berkshire
    I have a blockage on one of the blacks on my mimaki cjv, I’ve tried all the usually cleaning methods to no avail. I searched head cleaning on the web and stumbled across a product called magic bullet. The product seems to work with vapour entering the print head via a pre soaked cloth placed under the head. Having watched a few on line videos, it seems easy enough to use, my only problem is I can’t find any information as to is suitability for a solvent ink print head.
    Any experience would be greatly appreciated.
    Paul

Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    unsure about the vapor method, I know we have "soaked" Eco-Sol Print Heads

If I remember correctly, take the head out and submerge into the cleaning solution
    * submerge only deep enough for the nozzles to be covered, no fluid onto the electrical components.
    seems like they do it on Friday and let soak over the weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    NY
    Not sure what printer you are working on but we do head soaks by clamping of the cap top tube of the head in need using a clothes pin and zip tie. Once clamped you can fill he cap top with cleaning solution park the heads and let sit usually overnight, with the power off. In the morning unclamp and run an auto clean.

4. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    The pre-soaked cloth under the print head has worked for me using regular cleaning solvent. I have cleaned a head that had been setting for 2 years in a barn with this method.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stxrmxn

stxrmxn Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Brisbane
    The CJV has a head soak function. soak as normal and when the head goes into the wash for the designated time you set, instead of waiting for the timer to run down pull the power and leave overnight. Alternatively you can remove the wash cartridge and fill up the docking station with a bit of SPC-0369 (this is stronger than the stuff in the cartridges)

6. Paul the plumber

Mar 3, 2014
    Berkshire
    Thank you

7. Paul the plumber

Mar 3, 2014
    Berkshire
    Thank you. I’ll try and find the spc fluid. I have done the docking station trick and left it for a week but doesn’t seem to have shifted the blockage.

8. Paul the plumber

Mar 3, 2014
    Berkshire
    Thank you, I’ll give it a go.

9. Paul the plumber

Mar 3, 2014
    Berkshire
    Thank you. I will give it a go.