Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magical Colour Changing EPS

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by Sabre, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Good day all,

I'm sure this will be a relatively easy question for some of our veterans, but it has me baffled. When I get an .EPS from another designer I occasionally run into colour variances depending on what program I open it with. Generally, it looks great if I import it into Corel, but the colours are blown if I try it in Flexisign. Am I missing something very obvious in Flexi's colour settings or something? Or is my issue is that I'm spelling colour wrong so many times?

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Update....

I thought it was just the colours, but upon closer inspection it looks like Flexi goofs up the outlines of some objects too. Gradients are especially bad :p

Corel X3 and Flexi 7.6v2.

3. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Thought I would post a sample file as nobody's taken a crack at this one yet.

4. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Hmm.. having file upload issues. I'll have another crack at this later today when I have more time.

5. KR3signguy

KR3signguy Very Active Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Are you just talking about "on screen" or their shifting upon print???

6. Sabre

Sabre Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Just on screen. Which raises a good point, I'll print one out and see what happens.

7. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Open it in Illustrator, problem will be solved.
    I spell Colour the same way, as some customers don't know what colouer is.

8. pjfmeister

pjfmeister Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Missouri
    I am having a similar problem when exporting eps files out of Corel X3...

With "Black" only....when I import the file into Flexi and print it.....all my blacks change to about 80% black in the print...(when I look at a soft proof in Flexi it is 80% black)

Only thing I can do is go in and select each black in the design and asign a Flexi black to work around.....very dificult and time consuming w/ more elaborate designs

I thought it was something to do w/ the export out of of Corel but no dice....

still cant figure out wat the problem is????

9. TresL

TresL Very Active Member

Oct 24, 2005
    I have seen this several times when I save ILL files to older versions(8 or 10) to import into Flexi....

My purples always turn to blues....:-(