• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Magnet printing on HP Latex 560-any wisdom?

flyplainsdrifta

hey y'all! were looking at doing some direct magnet printing to expedite the magnet process. never done dp mag with a roll to roll, only on uv. is there any wisdom out there regarding this? i just don't wanna jam it in there and end up eating a head or something of the like. thanks in advance!!!

dypinc

Should not be a problem even with .030 thickness. The 360 does fine so I would assume the 560 would as well. You just have to run it with low heat and as slow as you need to allow proper ink drying. On the 360 that means 20pass 169F.

flyplainsdrifta

thanks a ton! ill have to figure out the profile once i get it. sucks how much material i know this will take to produce a decent profile when you factor in how much the dp mag costs :(

dypinc

With a had held spectro it shouldn't take more than about 2 feet.

As a note if you have a roll to roll laminator and a lot to do it might be quicker and cheaper to print on 30" vinyl and lam to none dp mag.

AKwrapguy

Make sure to use the heater attachment so the material doesn't get stuck in the machine. Other than that I'm interested to see how it works I've not done it yet.

I would recommend.020 material.

There are presets for magnetic media on the Media Solutions Locator that can be added from the printer front panel or EWS.

flyplainsdrifta

With a had held spectro it shouldn't take more than about 2 feet.

As a note if you have a roll to roll laminator and a lot to do it might be quicker and cheaper to print on 30" vinyl and lam to none dp mag.

yeahhh I'm with you. owner just wants me to look into it and give it a shot. thanks!

flyplainsdrifta

Should not be a problem even with .030 thickness. The 360 does fine so I would assume the 560 would as well. You just have to run it with low heat and as slow as you need to allow proper ink drying. On the 360 that means 20pass 169F.

really quick, what media class did you profile it under?