• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Magnetic media and HP latex 315

john maughan

Does anyone run magnetic roll media through there HP latex 315. I'm not sure whether it will it even a good idea to try this but I would like to know if anyone has had any success and if so what media did you use and what were the results like?

dypinc

I run it on the L360. 30mil. 20pass and a low a heat as you can get away with. Might need to use the curing platter covers although I find I don't really need to use them.

ikarasu

I printed on some and it was ok. They do make latex compatible magnet...

https://www.magnummagnetics.com/digimaxx-latex/

That said it did curl a bit and caused a headstrike on the last set, which completely obliterated my head...it tore the whole bottom off the head since magnet is so dense. We don't do magnets enough for it to be worth it.. now we just print on vinyl and apply it to the magnet.

I'm sure we just had the heat too high, or we were supposed to attach it to the take up reel before printing, or something else.. So it's likely user error. But we print a magnet a month, if that... and usually it's reflective, so we didn't play around with it too much to say whether it works or doesn't.

john maughan

I printed on some and it was ok. They do make latex compatible magnet...

https://www.magnummagnetics.com/digimaxx-latex/

That said it did curl a bit and caused a headstrike on the last set, which completely obliterated my head...it tore the whole bottom off the head since magnet is so dense. We don't do magnets enough for it to be worth it.. now we just print on vinyl and apply it to the magnet.

I'm sure we just had the heat too high, or we were supposed to attach it to the take up reel before printing, or something else.. So it's likely user error. But we print a magnet a month, if that... and usually it's reflective, so we didn't play around with it too much to say whether it works or doesn't.

That's good enough for me - I won't be running it.

sonia

Does anyone run magnetic roll media through there HP latex 315. I'm not sure whether it will it even a good idea to try this but I would like to know if anyone has had any success and if so what media did you use and what were the results like?
I recommend searching on the HP Media Solution Locator https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator/latex and filter by printer and type of Media. There are 2 media that are certified and you can download the profile from there: DigiMaxx Latex and Coala Magnetic PET film. I hope this information helps.

Dan360

We had problems running Magnum on our HP, it would usually work but print quality wasn't as good as vinyl and when you did get a head strike it was usually a bad one.

I did get some samples of some Newlife Magnetics that look interesting, but I doubt we'll ever directly print magnets ever again on our latex. It's one of the few reason I miss our old Roland.