• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnetic receptive material.."Rubber Steel?"

Ken

I have a menu board to do that requires changeable pricing on the menu items. Substrate will prob be pvc sheet or alumacor. Last time I did something like this I glued a thin piece of sheet metal to the required areas and covered with vinyl. Then magnetic numbers were applied with the required font.
Was browsing a old back issue of some magazine the other day and I saw an add from Magnum Magnetics . Anyone famililar with their Rubber Steel product? Know where I can get it? Other ideas welcome. Thanks. Ken

slipperyfrog

It works pretty good and we have found it to hold magnets very well. You can get it in plain rolls, adhesive backed, or vinyl covered. I have only used the plain material. We needed some right away and it was not easy to track down a supplier that actually had it in stock. I was told by Magnum that any distributor that stocks their products should be able to order it for you but will take a few weeks to get in. Usually this is with a catch that you will need to order 4 rolls.

Here is where we found single rolls in stock. They were really easy to deal with.

http://www.rochestermagnet.com/

terrellbrinlee

Moving Substrate?????

Has anyone ever used this product on a vehicle that is non-magnetic?

For example. I'm doing a wrap on a ambulance, and It's made of aluminum. What is the opinion of the durability of the product under high speeds???