• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Magnetic Signs on HP Latex 570

printguyjohn

Hello all,

I need some advice on how to go about printing on Magnum Magnetics 0.20 standard magnetic material.

I've spoken to at least 4 different HP Dealers who for the most part have told me that HP + Magnetics = not so good.

One dealer did tell me that he was able to do this and has a customer who printers them basically 24/7/365.

Even HP's videos show that it's a tough material to print on.

I've tried running it with the emulation on for the 370 OMS profile from HP Media Locator and it always curls up or causes a headstrike during the emulation color calibration.

Any advice?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Buy uncoated magnet and just mount your vinyl to it. No headstrikes, no wasted magnet material, and your cost savings on the uncoated magnet might be decent enough to cover your time in mounting. Is this for car magnets?

printguyjohn

Buy uncoated magnet and just mount your vinyl to it. No headstrikes, no wasted magnet material, and your cost savings on the uncoated magnet might be decent enough to cover your time in mounting. Is this for car magnets?

Hi there. Yes it is! The issue is my customers are very specific and are requiring direct printing on material with Magnum Digi. :(

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi there. Yes it is! The issue is my customers are very specific and are requiring direct printing on material with Magnum Digi. :(

Ok, I understand. Try using a paper setting instead, I always have great luck using that as my goto setting for hard to work with material.

Dan360

We eventually gave up trying to direct print on the .020 with our latex. It ran great on the Roland we have before but it was too much of a pain to try and run, end up using twice the media per job. We just do vinyl on .030 now. Do you have a felt platen cover? That minimized issues for us but still had the head skim across the print occasionally.

bannertime

You can outsource the direct print. Numerous companies offer them. We offer a slow turn around "budget" direct print or a "premium" print/lam with a bit faster turn around. I think we make more money on the budget one to be honest.