• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

magnetic wall mural

BROWNDOG

Had a local salon call me today, theye can't get magnetic to stick to their wall. No s*>/ right. I go and check it out and it is 24" strips of magnetic with adhesive back. And the mural is to cling to the now magnetic wall? Any advice on this other than to run away

Billct2

Not sure I understand.
Are you sure it's not mag receptive (flexsteel) with adhesive back?
And this will be applied to the wall to accept magnetic murals?
A little weird but if that's the situation it would work.

NateF

I saw a local car dealership that had a giant mural printed on magnetic media. They told me that they had to paint the wall underneath with magnetic paint. Not sure why they went that route, though...

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I have done this 2 ways.

Adhesive backed magnetic sheets stuck to the wall and then the magnetic receptive prints are installed.

Or the wall was double painted with ferrous paint, then the magnetic sheets stick to the paint and the magnetic receptive prints are installed over.

The ferrous paint is the newer version because it doesn't damage the wall. If the magnetic material has been rolled you may need to use some heat to get it to lay flat. If it's not too bad you can reverse roll it first.

BROWNDOG

Thanks for the tips, I'll look for the ferrous paint. Before I can educate them I'll have to educated first.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I would have to ask the question, WHY?

Why what?

They started going to this method so the store could easily change out their own graphics reducing the overall cost to the end user. Didn't quite work out like they thought. Smaller graphics do get changed out by the store personnel, but the larger paneled ones are still too difficult for them.

I have installed these types of graphics for Nike, Columbia, West Elm, and Microsoft.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Believe it or not the method is very versatile and there is no risk of pulling paint (phototex will pull paint if they don't do a good job mudding and painting). Here is a magnetic receptive print with magnetic reflective overlays and magnetic dimensional lettering. No holes, no adhesive. The magnetics are over ferrous paint.

20141102_203741.jpg 20141102_214031.jpg 20141102_214031.jpg

knucklehead

Very nice. With the exception of the lettering, I still can't grasp why one would want a magnetic wall mural? Maybe I need to get out more?