• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnetics & double-sided tape

Mal

Hey all. On the subject of magnetic sheet, I use the stuff for changeable message systems a fair bit. Every now and then I get a request to make up a larger sign for a steel message panel, out of coroplast or similar, that I stick leftover magnetic strips on. What I need is advice on a reliable double-sided tape with which to stick the strips on, one that will stay on the substrate in cold weather. I've tried run of the mill stuff, and also outdoor carpet tape. Any rec's? I've never used banner edge tape, is this something that would work? Thanks, Mal :help

advsign22

3M vhb (very high bond)makes the very best tape around. I use to purchase it on eBay at a big discount. Same material that auto makers use to adhere body molding on cars. Cannot be beat!

Ken

Mal

Thanks for the rec's. I checked ebay and ordered some. I know there is adhesive magnetic sheet, but this is just to use up my scraps.