Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main board Replacement

Discussion in 'Roland' started by stillhasdust, Dec 7, 2009.

1. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    I am going to do my first main board replacement and I was wondering if there is anything important that I should keep in mind while doing it. Is there any hints or tips that you more experienced techs have for me? I have done numerous cap tops, linear encoders, motor, cut carriage cables, head replacement and servo board replacements, Just never a main board. I know how picky and precise this machines are so I want to make sure I avoid any bad sitautions. any help will be much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

:thankyou::signs101::U Rock:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    make sure you write down all config's at the printer (head rankings, etc) - I believe it will forget them...

3. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    You MUST get the parameters from the old board first. You can use the PECK tool to do this easily. Make sure the DIP Switches are set correctly. Don't forget the battery from the old board. You may want to print out a report so you can have the information if you don't have the PECK Tool...you MUST have the firmware to upgrade as well ...this isn't a real easy thing to replace...not like a Servo Board that's for sure. AND DON'T FORGET TO UNPLUG THE PRINTER BEFORE YOU START PULLING WIRES!!