• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Main board Replacement

stillhasdust

I am going to do my first main board replacement and I was wondering if there is anything important that I should keep in mind while doing it. Is there any hints or tips that you more experienced techs have for me? I have done numerous cap tops, linear encoders, motor, cut carriage cables, head replacement and servo board replacements, Just never a main board. I know how picky and precise this machines are so I want to make sure I avoid any bad sitautions. any help will be much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

:thankyou::signs101::U Rock:

You MUST get the parameters from the old board first. You can use the PECK tool to do this easily. Make sure the DIP Switches are set correctly. Don't forget the battery from the old board. You may want to print out a report so you can have the information if you don't have the PECK Tool...you MUST have the firmware to upgrade as well ...this isn't a real easy thing to replace...not like a Servo Board that's for sure. AND DON'T FORGET TO UNPLUG THE PRINTER BEFORE YOU START PULLING WIRES!!