• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Main Board

zigns62

Anyone know who out there works on repairing main boards on a VP 540 printer/cutter, on the west coast. I know there's a company on the east coast, just looking for someone close? To save some $$$. Can't aford a new board.:(

Bigdawg

Just Me
No, but that seems to be a common VP540 issue. I am literally sitting here at my office while FGS is (was) replacing mine... except it appears the new board is bad so now I have to wait for new one to come in. Good luck to you!

zigns62

I don't think it's the fuss, it connects and prints 4or5 passes then stops and say's not connected. I'v got a tech coming to look at it.

Joe House

where does it say not connected? - on the control panel? In VersaWorks? what exactly does it say? Are there any error codes/numbers in the message?

zigns62

no errors, no messages, say's not connected in versa works on laptop and says now processing on display on printer

Joe House

Sounds like a communications issue which usually has to do with the network more often than the main board. Have you tried connecting directly to the printer from the computer with an Ethernet cable?

C5 Service&Repair

This is a common issue on the VP. The network portion of the main board will dry socket and cause this problem. If youre directly connected from your PC to the printer with no network involved, and youre sure you arent running out of hard drive space used for processing, then its the main board.

zigns62

My printer is connected with a Ethernet cable to my laptop, I have changed out the cable twice still the same problem. What do you mean main board will dry socket? This laptop has been running my printer for about 5yrs now, never had an issues. just in the last year I started having problems, what to do?