• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mainboard burning head? two error07's in a week

artbot

i have a complex issue.

1) i need the printer/main board properly diagnosed

2) i am wondering if there is a perimeter change that will allow the printer
to ignore the fourth head.

after an exhausting vacuum leak search in my printer (caused by weak cap top springs). i am now having electrical issues.

upon getting the printer going, i noticed a periodical wild over spray coming from the cyan head (running CMYKx2).

i attached a photo of this. also in the photo you can see a small amount of yellow overspray.

within about three days i get an error07 _ _ _ _ _ _ * _. that was an old abused head printing terribly so if figured as much.

put in an old proxy head that prints decent (always missing a few lines despite weeks of soaking away from the machine). within about four days i get an error07 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ *. (and i did get the wild overspray from the yellow head about 30 minutes before it died doing a small proof)

i data swap, and rotate the ribbons and the error remains at the same port of the same head.

seems to me that this thread has some similarities.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79977&highlight=overspraying

does anyone have some advice on how to keep from costing me another head? from the looks of the prior thread, even having the main board checked might not fix this.

this is the emergency part:

i have an emergency delivery/install on monday. haven't even started the piece. are there any proxy heads that i can buy off one of you guys in the houston area that will maybe allow the printer to limp through this project over the weekend? (probably fry the proxy head in a few days).

or,

is there a tech that can tell me some kind of exotic perimeter change that will cause the printer to ignore the fourth head of the printer? that would be awesome. the project only requires black, clear, and white which i print all of from the K head only.

Attachments

• cyan overspray.jpg
    cyan overspray.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 160

smdgrfx

Alan - thanks for your help today. I'm glad we could help each other out. My problem is solved and I hope that head works out for you. Let me know. I'm not sure what was causing my starvation, but after purging the line and changing the in line filter, I'm back up and running. Now, if I could just get those darn buses finished...

Well, we came in Saturday to work on the printer some and now I got a Error 07 (**------) again. I moved the heads around and found that one of the heads I just change and put new one in is over spraying bad, real bad. So I move it from magenta to black and it over sprayed there as well. Mind you, this is a new head I just got also.

I changed ribbons, three heads. Still the same problem this morning. I am so done with this printer. Spent over $4,000 in 8 weeks now working on this and I am done with it. Just have to sent my print work to the next town to have done until I get a new J33-130.

Good luck with yours

I have found out that you can change the media that you tell it your printing to down in DPI it does help. I dropped my down to 360x540 just so Yellow would print Yellow and Red would be Red.

MikePro

i think he's trying to bypass the head all-together to get the printer working, as the one head doesn't want to allow the printer to function.