• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MAINBOARD FALCON 2 Major Problem

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi all, gather around and watch, as a full grown man is beaten down over and over by a printer.

I installed the new print heads, head cables, new dampers, uploaded new firm ware, All set, and hoping my problems are fixed.

Well, the FIRST print was exactly the same, SOLID yellow printing, NO black, and Cyan and Magenta are perfect.....oh, and yes, E075 head overcurrent.

I pulled off the covers to see the main board, and there is a CLEARLY burnt circuit.

Does anyone know if its possible to fix a mainboard? or does anyone have one for sale?

I'll be posting up pix soon as I get home. My SD card reader broke too.....not me week, again.

:thankyou:

Graphics2u

Hi all, gather around and watch, as a full grown man is beaten down over and over by a printer.

I installed the new print heads, head cables, new dampers, uploaded new firm ware, All set, and hoping my problems are fixed.

Well, the FIRST print was exactly the same, SOLID yellow printing, NO black, and Cyan and Magenta are perfect.....oh, and yes, E075 head overcurrent.

I pulled off the covers to see the main board, and there is a CLEARLY burnt circuit.

Does anyone know if its possible to fix a mainboard? or does anyone have one for sale?

I'll be posting up pix soon as I get home. My SD card reader broke too.....not me week, again.

:thankyou:

Are you sure it's the mainboard? There is another board in there that has big black heat sinks on it that plugs into the mainboard. It's called a head driver board. Or is it just a fuse that is blown?

I feel for ya!

onlyjames

Here are some pictures....does anyone have any idea what this part use to run? The pix of the print were taken just befor I pulled the machine apart.....and found the problem. Keep in mind, I cleaned up the problem area some, before it was really charred on one side, almost ash.

Does not look good.....any suggestions anyone?

Randy, I have high res pix if they help....just let me know and i"ll send them your way.

Im interested to see if the tech's know what, where, why and ...um, HOW COME?! :thankyou:

Attachments

• DSCN4690.JPG
    DSCN4690.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN4694.JPG
    DSCN4694.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN4706.JPG
    DSCN4706.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN4709.JPG
    DSCN4709.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN4718.JPG
    DSCN4718.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN4719.JPG
    DSCN4719.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN4727.JPG
    DSCN4727.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 147

onlyjames

Im almost done packing up everything, Im sending the main board, CR board and Driver board down to Florida to be repaired.

Randy, is there anyway you can see if there is a high chance that the print heads were damaged?

The company wants me to send the print heads as well, but Im nervous about taking them out and sending them down...they are already installed and safe!!

Thanks all, I will keep updating, and hopefully this will at least help someone else out one day!

randya

There is no way to be certain.

But this looks like the area for one of the motors not the print heads.

onlyjames

Yeah, I went ahead and sent the two of them also, the "look" fine, with no burn marks ect ect....

Well, either they are fine, and I actually bought them for no reason because the last two were actually ok...and fixing the mainboard fixes all,

Or, the two printheads I just bought were burned immediatly...only one way to find out....WAIT!! ha ha, 2 day shipping ($70!!) a few days for fixing/testing, 2 days back, and the big RE-install!!

This beaten down man will hopefully have some good news soon, in the mean time, my Lil' old rockhopper 38 stands strong!! I will HATE to see that one go, its such a great printer.

onlyjames

Yeah, I actually ended up sending the parts to a company in Florida....decent rep from what Ive heard/seen.

I'll definatly be updating after I get everything back, and if this stuff works again, I will be one happy camper, and this company will have me telling everyone about them!

Mosh

You get what you pay for I guess. Falcon? Get a Roland, we have had Rolad equipment for 21 years without a single problem!