• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintanence cap sponges

GHduckworth

My brother and I have a Falcon Outdoor 62 and need to change out the Maintancnce cap sponges. Our question is where can you obtain these sponges and are they readily available.

SlightlyChilled

and it still goes on.This has been on our minds and talking about it a lot as of lately... As of now they say no but in the manual for the 38 it give you a part number. Let me ask you this why do you think you need new ones?

tomence

and it still goes on.This has been on our minds and talking about it a lot as of lately... As of now they say no but in the manual for the 38 it give you a part number. Let me ask you this why do you think you need new ones?

Why do you think you don't need new ones.

Robert M

Sponges

If they are dried out chances are your station is shot. All the sponges do is keep ink from splashing back on the head when the pump is pulling down ink. So pull the sponges and see if the station draws down ink. If the sponges are puffing up, well that maybe an issue with the inks that has been mentioned here before. I have seen people make their own inserts to replace the sponge, lasered metal inserts and even fine screen material cut to friction fit in place

tomence

When you said why do you think you need new ones i thought you were saying that he doesnt need new ones thats why i asked you if you think that he doesnt need new ones. I have the same printer actually it is the JR and thinking if i should change those or not. Maybe i just misunderstood you.

SlightlyChilled

ya i might have missed a period in there. hahaha the sponges are more to stop the back splatter. If the printer is pulling ink to the waste gate then just find a new way to re-sponge the caps. If you are sucking air then new cap kit it is.

GHduckworth

Thx guys. We are new to the forums. It has been a great help. We just upgraded to a Value Jet 1614. The Falcon Outdoor 62 is a workhourse but it's slow. It was having bad bleeding problems with a few colors(red/yellow) and replacing the cap sponges was one of the suggested solutions we were looking at. We have since replaced the maintenance station and it's working nicely.

Ghost Prophet

If they are dried out chances are your station is shot. All the sponges do is keep ink from splashing back on the head when the pump is pulling down ink. So pull the sponges and see if the station draws down ink. If the sponges are puffing up, well that maybe an issue with the inks that has been mentioned here before. I have seen people make their own inserts to replace the sponge, lasered metal inserts and even fine screen material cut to friction fit in place

Engineer at Mutoh denies that the ink has anything to do with it, although they also admit that they don't know what the problem is so I don't understand why they're ruling out the ink theory...

Kind of like to hear Randy's side of the story.