Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maintenance and Service HP9000 cariage height

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by pstrwks, Jan 17, 2012.

1. pstrwks

pstrwks New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Epson
    :bushmill:I have just replaced a failed bearing on a HP9000 cariage. Some washers were used to ge the headheight more or less correct. any one know what the correct head height should be?:bushmill:

2. Quix

Quix Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Mexico
    The service manual says you need the "Carriage Height Adjustment Tools". I couldnt' find neither the tool nor the specs for this, so I did it using some PVC spacers to make the height even in three spots (this is the most important matter for cappings to seal right). I never knew the right distance, but maybe you could check it on anoher printer. I left about 3mm from the top of the cappings (when the carriage is released) to the base of the printheads and it worked OK. I can't remember the spacers height I used. I hope this helps.

3. pstrwks

pstrwks New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Epson
    Prehaps a techi will be kind enough to apply a vernier to thier tool? (Carriage Height Adjustment Tool).