• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance Cleaning Qs

deep six

Hi all

Just a question on cleaning the SP300. I ordered some cleaning swabs but I'm trying to figure out what the cleaning fluid is you use with these.
I'm being told the cleaning fluid is just ink with no pigment, its over $100 for a bottle but is this what you are supposed to use. Guessing this is the stuff you flush through when taking the machine out of service.
All I want is some sort of solvent to dip the swabs in so I can clean around the heads and print station.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Gene@mpls

I got 2 cleaning cartridges with my SP300 (also with my VP540)- I am still
using the 2 orig carts 3.5 yrs later- stick a blunt needle on a syringe in the
rubber port and withdraw- lasts 2-3 cleanings. There was a good cleaning
procedure on printingdigital.com for the SP- someone explained how to find
archived versions of that site if you are interested.

Mainframe

I broke open the cleaning cart with a pair of side cutters & poured the fluid in my bottle. Filled it right back up.

Squeeze the cartridge hard in the middle, breaking it open, then pull the bladder out far enough to clip the edge with scissors and pour into a clean plastic bottle to use with your swabs... remember to NOT use Q-Tips as the fibers can stick into the head and cost $$$$

Gene@mpls

Yessir- that is it- I got a little more elaborate, I took the wipers out to clean
them, also the wiper scraper and removed the sheetmetal box to clean more
thoroughly. My VP is quite a lot easier to maintain- except for 4 heads to clean in a rather awkward position. Gene