• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance engineer problem vj-1604 help?

crabbymike

:banghead: My magenta ink was running out and the printer waited till the end of the print to let me change it out, but when i pulled it out, the plastic nipple stayed on the needle, spilling some ink out of the cartridge onto the machine. We got that cleaned up, then we installed a new cartridge, and was saying "not original cartridge" so i tried another cartridge, then it said all 4 were not original, then pull one out and it would change it to 2 not original. I figured must be a firmware issue, so have been trying to update htat, and now it just says "error recieved...not allowed to write file 0201" and I have checked all my networking, and is fine....it will let me do parameter receive, and that is it. we didnt get ink on anything internally, as thought maybe the chip got ink on it, but everything is clean! Something is definitley wonky....any help? also when i turn it on it goes to ink charge? any way to cancel that? :thankyou:

HaroldDesign

Uh Oh. Updating the firmware may not be a good idea if it doesn't need it or it isn't done exactly correct, which is likely to happen if you're in a hurry due to frustration. Get it out of ink charge. Turn it off, and unplug it for about five minutes. I've had only a few "strange" things happen to me. It has a computer within it (albeit basic), and sometimes getting rid of a ghost requires cutting it's power.

randya

It is a software 'flag' that determines the state of ink charge.

Basically, tells the machine if it is inked up already or needs a cleaning or ink charge.

crabbymike

I tried unplugging for 10 min...nothin. keep getting same error when i try to update firmware. How do i also reset the ink charge flag?
I press firmware install, then pick the version, and just keep getting "error recieved Not allowed to write file;0201" it has communication error above it, but will let me do parameter recieve no prob. I can ping the machine, and it is set on the smae ip address for sure, as a network tech came in and double checked it all,,,very frustrated!

henryp

On certain VJ mainboard revisions, dip switch 2 position must be changed (set to "ON" I think) before you can update firmware via the MEA or MSA programs

dd971

Hi,
After i have to replace the main board of the valuejet1604, i used Maintenance engineer software to update the new board with the latest firmware. Everything went right.

Then i tried to update the sub board accordingly, and i got the "error recieved Not allowed to write file;0201" !

i tried to use the dip switch of the heater board as it's explained in the documentation. No sucess!

I'm still able to save the parameters from the main board, but i also discover that i could'nt reupdate the main board (with or without playing with the dip-switch 2)

Any one have a clue or a trick?

Thanks!

dd971

A Mutoh engineer sent me the 1.0.8 version of the Maintenance Engineer Software, and i was able to load the firmware on the both boards.

But now i have "KCMY Not original" with FRESH NEW MUTOH Cartridges! :frustrated:

dd971

ok, i finally get it to work!!

I used the Maintenance software 1.0.8, to updated the firmwares

To solve the Not Original, i had to enter the correct serial number into the settings (the new main board came with a different serial number)

Then, i upload back all my parameters. You need to be engineer mode to access this uploading button with the version 1.0.8

I wish these infos will save the day of someone else!

Graphics2u

To solve the Not Original, i had to enter the correct serial number into the settings (the new main board came with a different serial number)

Then, i upload back all my parameters. You need to be engineer mode to access this uploading button with the version 1.0.8

Good info!

omarperalta

Maintenance software 1.0.8 needed

Can you send the 1.0.8 software to omarperalta@sigrafica.com I´m having the same problem with 1.0.9

Biker Scout

Oh man... I am not gonna miss the days of ink chips. Many nights pulling my hair out trying to get this problem solved. Oddly enough I had fewer "Not Original Ink" error messages after I switched to the bulk ink tanks that held the little rechargeable smart cards. Made sure to have plenty of those on hand.

narutoglen

hello how did you change the serial number?
and can you send me a copy of the Maintenance software? thankyou