• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

maintenance help Mutoh VJ 1324

Just a few things as its my first time diving into this machine for some maintenance aside from the weekly stuff.

I'm not afraid to tackle it, I just have 0 resources of a first idea to what I am doing just yet. I used to maintain all of Speedysigns printers when I was learning the ropes of a sign shop. (mimaki/gerbers/2 flat bed printers.)

I need to replace my Spit on pad (It doesn't come easily so I refuse to just "force" it out), and I would like to know how to release the head manually so the wiper does not move forward. I want to clean the plastic cogs of any ink that may had gotten onto them. Its been a few months since I've had the printer, I've re greased the carriage bearings, and weekly cleanings on schedule so its been taken care of, but I do feel the spit on pad needs to be replaced as of late I've been getting some splash on the inside of the area where the head rests.

ALL of the PDF's right now for some reason on MUTOH's website are not able to be found...
http://ftp.mutoh.com/#/Printer Info... Information/Technical Information Bulletins/

Alrighty, so I've called around,

Apparently this model (1324) Does not have a spit pad replacement, but it comes as an entire unit with the maintenance station?

I would expect to be able to replace the spit pad, but 2 techs now have said it is an entire unit.

I have pulled off the shroud to my printer, I've found a small amount of ink sludge between the wiper and the cap (where the head sits when not in print.)

Also I should note, that there has been little to no print issues with my printer, I'm just making sure I am keeping my printer tip top and preventing any issues down the road ahead of time.

FatCat

The cap is what you are referring to. It can be purchased as a separate item for about $75-100. Though if your printer is only a few months old, it is doubtful you need to. A complete maintenance station should be replaced every 1.5-2 years in my opinion. With these VJ printers most bad stuff that happens to them (clogs, blocked nozzles, poor print quality, etc.) can usually be directly traced back to the MS failing or being clogged.

The cap is what you are referring to. It can be purchased as a separate item for about $75-100. Though if your printer is only a few months old, it is doubtful you need to. A complete maintenance station should be replaced every 1.5-2 years in my opinion. With these VJ printers most bad stuff that happens to them (clogs, blocked nozzles, poor print quality, etc.) can usually be directly traced back to the MS failing or being clogged.

Yea I finally got ahold of a very nice Small distributor, My vocabulary stands corrected in this case.

After talking with him, It seems I was only missing cleaning 1 area which I now can actually see when manually releasing the head.

A2Z

Signtec 360 LLC
What area is that can you explain. How do you manually release the head. Thanks in advance