• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major Color Dropout/Banding Vutek GS3250

RandomPrintGuy

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out why our Vutek GS3250LX (LED) is having sudden, random banding. I looks as if entire heads are dropping out. The weirdest part is that the next print was perfectly fine. (no purge in between; it was set to automatically start the next print when it finished the first.) Is the head going bad? Is it an electrical/board issue? Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks.
20190926_122729.jpg
20190926_122718.jpg

Roger the Mash

You won’t hear them just go round checking tightness on all banjo connections on clear pipes also on ink pipes and also O-rings on connections to the heads on the offending colours

tbaker

It looks like you’re losing either one or both magenta jets. The easiest way to check the stability of the jets is to print a flood of red (2x3) or so, and immediately on the back print a jet test. If both of your magenta jets are gone, check your primary ink filter. If it’s been longer than a year, you’re due. If it’s one jet, check to make sure the damper isn’t leaking.