• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major Contour Cutting Accuracy Issues

I printed a combination of striping and lettering on 6' of 30" 680CR today. When I loaded it up in my CE5000-120 it read the contour marks perfectly, then proceeded to completely jack up the entire print. It was fairly accurate at the top and bottom, but in the middle it was off by 1/8" or more side to side. What is going on here?

blufftonsignguy

I have had that before with my machine(s). I :banghead: several times. Then I decided to turn everything off and let it sit a few minutes before turning back on. It worked much better then.

Bill Modzel

Generally a 6' run shouldn't be a problem, but if it is consistently, use the multiple registration marks that CuttingMaster has. It should take care of that with no problem.

I was dong a 14' by 30" business name, Illustrator file with beveled blended lettering done in Photoshop and placed back in Illy. It also had a separate drop shadow. I ran it twice but by the time it got to the 8' mark it started squeing off about 3/4". Than a light bulb when off in my little head and I remembered reading about the multiple mark option. I had never used it in the 8 or so years of using Cutting Master.

Bingo!!! Printed a new set with the marks and it cut flawlessly from the beginning to the end.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Reviewing this helped me cutting reflective, it's for the CE6000 but should be about the same for the 5000:

[video=youtube;cqnq-fmatDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnq-fmatDo[/video]

wayne k
guam usa