• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major JV33-160 printing problem

jeff41576

Has anyone seen this one before...........our JV33 is printing yellow behind everything that we print. Pictures, vector artwork, simple text, even a pure white background---they all get the yellow box in the print and around the perimeter. We've tried different profiles, we've uninstalled and re-installed Onxy, we've tried Rasterlink, we've done all the cleanings that exist and the problem still persists. When we run the test stripes, everything lines up as it should and the yellow background doesn't print. Picture is attached. Thank you in advance for anyone with ideas.

Thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 157

Dice

Pretty Strange.

I Would:

-Look over everything, from Damper to Capping Station. ink lines to the cart to look for anything strange.
-Put in 1 or 2 new yellow carts.
-Run 2 hard cleans after cart installs.
-Check and Maybe replace Capping station.
-Check and Maybe replace Yellow Dampers.
-Use a different USB Port
-Update Firmware?
-Call Tech support from who ever you bought the printer from for ideas.

Still not working? Give up and call a tech in.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Thats gotta be a data issue. Not really sure where though but since the built in test patterns print fine it's somewhere between the USB chip on the mainboard and the computer. I'd try to eliminate easy things first like the USB cable, then the particular USB port on the computer. Thats an odd one for sure and not one I've seen either on a JV33.

Freese

Thats gotta be a data issue. Not really sure where though but since the built in test patterns print fine it's somewhere between the USB chip on the mainboard and the computer. I'd try to eliminate easy things first like the USB cable, then the particular USB port on the computer. Thats an odd one for sure and not one I've seen either on a JV33.

Looks like a slider cable gone bad

artbot

are you in absolute color? if so, switch to something else and see if it mysteriously disappears.

macmedia

This could be caused by a few issues. It's most likely a bad slider board or a problem with the d/a converters on the main board. I would try a slider board first....

If the yellow was printing the entire width of the media including the platen, it would most likely be a bad printhead.