• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Major vendor contacted our customer...

visual800

One thing I found out about this vendor and actually called a rep out on letterheads was the fact they sell to others besides sign professionals, that pissed me off. I was bidding on a job and a few weeks had to go back to that site and saw the box there with the contractors name on it....Oh yes I raised hell...sign professionals my ass!

Last time I checked contractors and damn architects were NOT sign professionals and if thats the case stop lying that you only sell to such

Marlene

what's the first letter of the name of this vendor? I'm thinking I know but just wanted to make sure without dragging their name out in public

soundhound

There are some grey areas to consider

First of all, it is always an issue when the designer is not the manufacturer.
It is also an issue if the manufacturer is not the sign company of record... and if they did ANY of the design.

If I design a sign and sell it to a customer, I don't care who all had anything to do with it... it is MY product and they cannot use it in their promotional material without my written consent.

If, on the other hand, I actually sub out the design along with the manufacturing... it is still my "sale" but I cannot claim any rights to the look of the final product.

There are a few sign pix on my web site that I recently noticed are also on a fabricators site... and it is just fine with me, because the fabricator either designed the sign, or fleshed-out my design enough to call it his own. it fits right in with his portfolio (and mine as well) so the fact that I was his client becomes a moot point.