• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Make multiple copies in a group.

bulldozer

I'm not sure if it is possible, but i have several files with different quantities that i need to print grouped together to save media. Also, when i do group files of 1 copy, it won't let me add space between them.

The company that sold us the printer pretty much left us up a certain creek without a paddle. Sent out a tech that didn't even know how to setup the pinch rollers. Not to mention, they sent us all japanese versions of the manuals. I have been pretty much self-taught on all aspects of this machine.

cjv30-160
rasterlink 5sg

thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In Rasterlink 5 you cannot group print and cut files. The only way I can think of doing it is to set up the file how you want it in illustrator and send it as one big file.

bulldozer

if it can't do that simple function, this is a terrible terrible sinkhole of a program. any alternatives or am i stuck with this crap?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Rasterlink is not meant to be a full featured RIP. It's freeware and is intended to get the customer started in the printing industry. If Mimaki made a RIP that compared to the industry leaders, they would have to add $1,000's to the machine cost to pay for the overhead of programmers and support. Mimaki is a hardware, not a software, company.

If you are not cutting you can select two jobs from the job list at the same time and click edit. This should nest the two jobs and you should be able to make multiple copies of each one.

If you want more control of layout and other features take a look at Wasatch, Onyx, Flexi, or Caldera. These are the main players in the RIP world. I'm sure there are some cheaper options that other signs101 users can point out.

bulldozer

i kind of figured that was going to be the case. i have tried doing what you suggested, but it grays the copy option out. looks like i'm going to attempt to convince the boss to get onyx. thanks.

Laz0924

Mine works when I select more than one design, make sure the machine is on and in remote also when you select more than one design and right click to edit when the window comes up click on the small images top left and the setting shouldn't be greyed out, If all else fails call Mimaki support they will get on your screen thru team viewer and see what is going on, they just helped me with another problem software would not let me set the profile I don't know what he did but he fixed it.

Laz0924

If your in the first year of warranty Mimaki doesn't want to talk to you it's the dealers responsibility, when in the second year they help you right away you should voice your opinion to them about your dealer, my dealer wasn't much better but the tech who set it up did give me a lot of info he was here about 6 hours and went thru just about everything but of course I could only remember 30% of what he said.
And there are not many videos on utube, except one from Evan of Mimaki about 19 min long the most useful one I found.

bulldozer

We went ahead and upgraded our onyx to postershop 11. now, where can i get the special color ink profiles for it? from install i only saw cmyk.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We run Onyx 11 here on our mimakis and really only have like 3 profiles that we ever use.
Tweak a basic profile until it is good for your printer. There is a LOT of difference between our two mimakis here.

The "conserve media" option will group your jobs together, set your individual qtys in each job file.
The preview of what is coming out of the printer will show everything ganged up to the right.