• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Make your own album cover

letterman7

This is a thread that I got onto on one of my automotive forums. Very fun and with the creative individuals on here, should result in some interesting combinations. Here are the rules:

‎1. Go to www.wikipedia.org and hit random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2. Go to www.quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3. Go to www.flickr.com and click on “explore... the last seven days”. The third picture - no matter what it is - is your album cover.

4. Use www.picnik.com to put it all together.

Since most of us use our own editing software, I'll allow that. Adding or subtracting items from the photo is illegal (and please don't start on the legalities of copying the photo - this is all in fun) but enhancing, changing the color or tone of the photo is encouraged.

Post it up!

Here's the one I built for my automotive forum thread:

samba album.jpg

and my wife tried it and got this:

sue's album cover.jpg

Many will appeal to the punk rock / metal style bands, but you might be surprised!

Have fun!

Rick

iSign

Should be fun... But not from iPhone, so I'll check back
(I can't read your main copy on iPhone by the way)

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Okay I added to the photo, so what!

Attachments

• thumtanic small.jpg
    thumtanic small.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 71

letterman7

Rick, that looks great! What a punk album! Jill, I used Corel as my editing program too, so that's fine. Yours has a little, um... 'blue' theme going!
Gabagoo... I just saved mine as a low res image in my temp file, then embedded it right in the post. Use the paperclip in the posting window.

gabagoo

I just used the picnic app as I have nothing in this laptop for really designing with. was fun, I going to post this up on my golf site and see what those guys come up with

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
This is NUTS!!!!

Looks like I found a new career. I've always wondered how those guys came up with that kind of stuff.

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Haakon

I made two, only adjustment on the image is cropping it to a true album cover format (square).

I wonder how these albums would sound had they existed :smile:

Attachments

• 900.jpg
    900.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 901.jpg
    901.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 82