• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making a bed frame for myself.

JR's

Making a bed frame for myself.
It's a little slow here at the shop so I figured I would make a project for myself. A bed frame. twin
I call it the sand man's hand. It's going to look like the bed is floating. I saw some pictures from online where I got the idea from.
I am not a furniture maker so I was wondering if I am missing something?
Thanks for looking.
JR
PS I will post pictures as I go along. But most likely as I start the project it will get busier than ever. :)

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 95
  • cool-pink-bed-by-Karim-Rasihd-500x333.jpg
    cool-pink-bed-by-Karim-Rasihd-500x333.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 86

mortil

Thats cool .. that one i would love to have in my bedroom..

try to make one if you have the equipment :D

phototec

sand bed!

That's a little low for my taste and the mattress looks awfully thin, don't think what's shown in the photo is very comfortable?

However see the photo below for a real sand bed!

Attachments

• sand-sculpture-bed_thumbnail.jpg
    sand-sculpture-bed_thumbnail.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 62

JR's

Hi weaselBoogie, I'll be making the bed out of three-quarter inch oak veneer plywood. And solid oak accent pieces. You know like Gino said bed material. :)

Hey Mosh, yeah it might be a little low but I can't have it too high because you will see the feet. In my illustration I have a 6 foot figure about 7 feet radius around the bed so you won't see the feet. Father away you can see underneath the bed but the room is only 10 x 12.

Wow phototech, that is some serious sand sculpting. But I said sand man's hand. If you look at my drawing it kind of looks like a profile of a hand. Palm facing up thumb straight up fingers stretching outwards. Wrist coming out of the ground . You're sleeping in the palm of the Sand Man kind of strange I know.

I will start to lay it out this weekend and break out the handy jigsaw. And the Craig jigg I bought two years ago. First time trying it.

JR

JR's

That's cool graphics2u. But I think if I tried to make that one. I would burn out my laptop bank cards and that twitch would come back. The one I got from Catholic school. Those nuns are tough.

Graphics2u

That's cool graphics2u. But I think if I tried to make that one. I would burn out my laptop bank cards and that twitch would come back. The one I got from Catholic school. Those nuns are tough.
I'd be afraid one of those wires would break it would flip over sideways or something!

JoySigns

You're really only going to make a fun bed like this as only a twin size??? You're missing something there.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Cool! Looks like the wife will be sent through the ceiling when you sit down to put on your sox....:Big Laugh

MikePro

if you're missing anything, i'd say something to carry some of the weight... like a support in the middle of the bed that doesn't extend all the way out. keeping the invisible front legs effect, but guaranteeing that you're not going to tip over when you roll off the front of the bed.

AUTO-FX

I would want to make sure it's plenty sturdy. Nothing like breaking the bed in the middle of, well, you know, eeh-aaw-eeh-aaw !!!!

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
great looking project. Are you going to put padding on the headboard like the picture?