• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making a font catalog?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I've made a couple of them in the past, just to show examples of the type families we use most often and some differences in font categories (serif, sans serif, etc.). Such things are best kept simple. If a customer doesn't like some of the basic choices we'll whip out a CorelDRAW book showing all their fonts. It's rare for any of our customers to get really picky about fonts unless they're with a company that has specific fonts associated with their brand identity. In that case they're usually supplying us with fonts to use.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A printed one is an exercise in futility since your owned library will probably change on a regular basis. You can create a highly useful one on your local computer or network with most font management software. My personal favorite is Typograf although it requires a modest fee to have a full running copy.

attachment.php

This approach allows one to sort their fonts into type style categories such as the Serif group shown above. It also allows one to enter any given text string for type design selection or for font matching.

As an aside, and I think many here will agree, it is a mistake to have any way for clients to sit and browse your available fonts. That is the job of the designer and will only lead to confusion and problems when put in the hands of the client.

Attachments

• typograf.jpg
    typograf.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 60