Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a standing banner for our shop, thoughts?

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by Peachtree Signs, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    Boss man wants a standing banner in the entrance so I'm coming up with a couple of design ideas, what do you think (you can tell me it looks like garbage I don't get offended easy)

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    That doesn't represent a peach tree in any sense of the word. Do some research first.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. BlueMoonATL

BlueMoonATL Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Nashville
    I see on your website and facebook page that this is your logo. I think it could stand a rework, but getting that past the boss man is going to be some work. The tree is unnecessary, the background is very dated, and the grid pattern and fade from wireframe on the tree doesn't translate well for this application. I see that you're located off Peachtree Industrial in Norcross. Having lived in Atlanta and Duluth for 30+ years until I moved to Nashville, I feel that people get beat over the head constantly with peachtree this and that, so much so that it's cliche now.

It's the same with Nashville companies using the image of a guitar, cowboy boots, and the words "Music City" in their logos and literature. Its sooooo overdone.

I'd step back and understand what you want to communicate to customers when they enter the shop. Right now, its just a logo and a peach tree. It doesn't give them any useful information to help them understand what the company does, believes or strives for. Maybe a concise mission statement. Maybe a short testimonial. Start with what you want the customer know in the end after seeing the banner.

4. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    I hear you about the commonality of the whole peachtree thing, I'm not a fan of the logo either but the boss likes it, I've already made suggestions to fix it.

my other idea I had was to use a photo of the Atlanta cityscape and place out logo on that but I can't find a high enough resolution photo of the city

5. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Pull the peach logo out of PEACHTREE and put the C back in. That would solve the biggest problem with the logo.

I like the illustration with the grid, gradients and the tree, but it doesn't match the vibe of the logo at all. It looks like a company whose designer has gone rogue and kicked the brand guidelines to the curb. It doesn't make sense. If you were an ultra-modern, quirky company posting weird stuff on social media and generally known for being really different, then the illustration is great, but the logo still doesn't reflect that.

6. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    pretty much what happened I had no say in the logo

7. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    They already know where their at, there's no sense in creating a banner stand with just your logo and some graphics...I would lose everything except for the logo
    at the top and rework the bottom to include information about your business and services. You want your customers to see your (retractable?) banner stand
    and recognize the need to have one in their business's reception area.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    I agree with Gino in that it's closer to an orange tree with off shape oranges. The grid pattern bugs me. I don't like how it goes straight up and then fades off at the top of the trees. Just all around not a huge fan.

But instead of convincing them to change the logo. Convince them to change the banner. What about doing just a small logo center on top and then making the rest of the banner about the other signs that you sell in the shop. More of an ad for your shop then just a logo. Then the logo wouldn't be as big of an issue.

9. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Orange tree?? Ya'll ever been to Florida? those look like grapefruits.

With a name like Peachtree I thought you were in Peachtree City... never would of guessed Norcross. I used to live in ATL and was tired of all the peachtree crap too... oddly enough I've NEVER seen a real peachtree growing in or around north GA........................

10. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    What is the point of the banner? I would create something that at least lists or features (photos and/or text) what products you make. This is an absolute waste of time and banner.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    With all the input so far, this would be like that old one.........

Knock - knock
    Who's there ??
    PeachTree
    Peachtree who ??
    Peachtree.............. need I say more ?? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Keep it up to times... mpeach.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 3
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  13. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  14. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    I know Peachtree makes accounting software...

15. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Nice touch. .........

16. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I think this particular 'm'peach cobbler' is now done - at least in the house.

17. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    It was nice for them to make that cobbler... the folks in the Senante have been waiting 3 years for that mmmmm peach cobbler, they are starving and will eat it all up before Trump gets it...wont be nothing but crumbs for him.

18. that's Jerry Nadler

19. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    this was my other idea, probably looks too busy

my boss likes the tree yes i know it's not anatomically correct

Attached Files:

20. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Looks better... but something is off center about that logo.