• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making a time-lapse video

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
So we want to do a time lapse video of a wrap we are starting tomorrow. Obviously my phone has video and the time lapse function but for 1, there's not enough memory, and 2, I'm on my phone frequently. So is a Go-pro, SLR camera, or video camera best for doing this? I see people post videos all the time of doing installs so would love to know the right way to do this.

Thanks!

MikePro

Best option would be via Mac or PC based software, that stiches photos into timelapse rather than recording large video files.
what computer could you run it on? I remember Gawker being a nice free one for Mac, but that was nearly a decade ago. I'm still certain there are plenty of freeware options available for either platform.

edited to add: yea, the goPro's have it built-in....maybe have that be a secondary camera for another angle for the final video? something like an SLR/Video camera recording thru computer, and goPro on tripod at a cool overhead angle.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I bought this about one year ago.
Brinno TLC200 Time Lapse and Stop Motion HD Video Camera - Green
It works great and was only $122.00