• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making Christmas Candy

hightop

Yet another hobby...A dreary day is made much warmer and happier by making Christmas candy. I LOVE making homemade nut brittle for my family and friends every year!! Everything about it is fun. The science of candy making, the gift giving and the requests for their favorite flavor: peanut, cashew mixed nuts. I also make peppermit bark (dark chocolate & white chocolate with crushed candycanes on top.) True confession - not as much leaves the house as is made. Call it quality control testing!! :Big Laugh

Jillbeans

Sounds yummy.
While I love to bake at holiday time I do not like candy making.
I lack the patience.
However, I love it when someone takes the time to make candy.
Also love pumpkin roll but don't make it.
Maybe that's a good thing cuz my butt would be three axe handles wide instead of two.
Love.....Jill

hightop

My neice made a pumpkin roll for Thanksgiving. I didn't dare ask for the recipe! "Two axe handles!" LOL! I call it "broad across the beam" and I have a tendency to go in that direction, especially around the holidays!

Malkin

Mmmm...

My wife is making caramels, chocolate dipped pretzels & chocolate truffles this year.
I find it hard to stay out of the kitchen.

Bigdawg

Just Me

You should get together with BigDawg, http://signs101.com/forums/member.php?u=2450
She makes wonderful Peanut Butter Balls for Christmas.

( or so I have heard for Three Years Now ) :Sleeping:

Well maybe we should hook up a lil more often then... and the bean soup was realllly good... thanks.

Making peanut butter balls, white christmas bark w/peppermint, mint chocolate bark with some kinda nuts, potato candy, knock-me-nakeds, peanut butter and chocolate fudge.

Plus all kinds of dipped pretzels, potato chips, crackers, oreos and whatever else I get my hands on that sounds good!