• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making decals with multi colors of cut vinyl

Optic

Ok, I've been at this sign thing for a couple of years and I've amazingly never had to deal with decals where the customer wants cut vinyl lettering for his logo in two colours.

For example, he wants 50 stickers with the first word in white and the rest in a different color, 10 of each different color.

Milk (in white) Mania (in different colours)

He wants to then give these puppies out to customers, potential customers.

I'm not sure how to get this to line up and look good as a premasked sticker to give to him. I know the answer is going to be a big "duh!" but let's hear it!

Thanks!

qmr55

Have registration marks in the top corners, exact same dot one color on top of the other (being the two colors you're cutting).

Then just light the two registration marks up and your vinyl will be exactly how it was on the computer.

Examples...

Attachments

• milk1.jpg
    milk1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 69
  • milk2.jpg
    milk2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 78
  • pink_cut.jpg
    pink_cut.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 70
  • gray_cut.jpg
    gray_cut.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 72

qmr55

X2 on this choice. Solvent print or edge print. especially for freebies, it would actually be cheaper...

I disagree, depending on the size of these he may be able to do all ten together and it will take barely any time. Plus material costs will be minimal.

For two color, if this was me, I'd do them in house!

tsgstl

I disagree, depending on the size of these he may be able to do all ten together and it will take barely any time. Plus material costs will be minimal.

For two color, if this was me, I'd do them in house!

I agree with both of your posts
I have a printer and I still do most of these the way you described.
unless each of the 50 is a totally different color.
you can lay up 50 of these in no time and they will last longer.
you can even array a bunch of them up and down and use registration marks for each bunch.

J Hill Designs

you can even array a bunch of them up and down and use registration marks for each bunch.

+1 like so...

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 65

qmr55

Exactly my thoughts! Since 10 are to be the same second color, do those ten at a time and it will be quick and easy!

Optic

Now you're rockin' with that registration.

Also, I have an L25500 - I just want to do these in cut vinyl and learn another skill in the process. Sometimes having the awesome printer makes your mind a bit lazy.

Thanks for the input!