• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making Eyes

gROUND cHUCK

Make a circle and add an outline, this will be the white part of the eye.
then release the compound and duplicate the inside circle and place it where you want the pupil to be.
Then select the inside and pupil circle and "separate / weld" them, and release the compound again.
Delete the extra parts and join the compound on what is left. then add your lashes and your done.

captainron19

Well I did those steps and the weld feature did not appear to work - it didnt allow for the inside to look like an eye -ball I did try to dues the inner circle and pupil and cot this result which looked exactly what I was looking for but the problem is...

I planned on cutting out the black area first and then layering the white portion on top. The substrate in this case is not white but instead painted flesh

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 123

gROUND cHUCK

then just release the compound and run the outside by itself in black (or along with everything else that's black) and run the inside in white separately and lay it on top of the black.

If you have to see the colors on screen then click the white color box on the right side and drag & drop it on the inside, white part. (after you release the compound) if you don't see it then click on the inside, white part and go to arrange and "place on top".

K

kevco

make a circle slightly smaller than the eye (white) then lay the black on top of it

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 215

cdsgraphic

maybe these will help... I work with corel, but the steps will be similar,

1 - a circle

2 - duplicate to the inside, smaller

3 - duplicate smaller circle offset from original

4 - trim (the corel command - flexi command may be "cut out"?) the inner circle from the last duplicate - delete last duplicate

5 - draw a rectangle with rounded corners - duplicate twice - rotate two outer ones slightly

6 - move rectangles over outer circle, weld rectangles and circle

7 - add color

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Image5.jpg
    Image5.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Image6.jpg
    Image6.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Image7.jpg
    Image7.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 109

OldPaint

or you could go to brands of the world and pull down MOON EYES...you see these on all the old hot rods.....MOON EQUIPMENT has a set of eyes as their logo.

captainron19

I got it - thanks all - the problem I encountered using flexi was when I tried to weld the inner circle and thr outer. Instead of welsing I had to fuse them and it came out just right.

:thankyou:

Attachments

• eyes.jpg
    eyes.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 127