• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making full use of ink

centinela

Hello,

I have a 2 years old mimaki cjv30-100 that I bought new. I have always used original ink and the other day I opened a used ink cartridge for the first time. I was shocked to find how much ink there was left inside the bag, about 1/5!!!

To check that it was not an error I opened a second one today and there was the same amount too. I thought of keeping them in the hope that I can find a way to use them in the near future.

My question is, does anyone know how to put this ink back in a cartridge somehow and use up all this valuable left overs ink?

Thank you,

Inigo

SameDay Signs

I know in the JV3-130spII I use I let it print until the ink says its empty and then switch the cartridges. I was pulling them whenever they got low and much like you said there is a good amount of ink left. I would suggest you just keep them in until there so called empty and pitch them and not worry to much about the problem....You could always buy a bulk ink system as well

OlsonSigns601

I've got the same issue with my Mutoh.

They say if you run it dry it gets air in the line and then the ink could dry up and you get blocked tube or something.

However I've gone out to eat before and completely ran out of Magenta while I was out. Slapped in a new cartridge and proceeded to print the rest of the sign and several other after it. Never had an issue, but still not sure if I should do that.

If that is okay, I've bot about 500 CMYK cartridges with anywhere between 4% to 5% of ink left in them.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I've got the same issue with my Mutoh.

They say if you run it dry it gets air in the line and then the ink could dry up and you get blocked tube or something.

However I've gone out to eat before and completely ran out of Magenta while I was out. Slapped in a new cartridge and proceeded to print the rest of the sign and several other after it. Never had an issue, but still not sure if I should do that.

If that is okay, I've bot about 500 CMYK cartridges with anywhere between 4% to 5% of ink left in them.

Use them before they are too old.eco solvent shelf is one year.

Buy refillable cartridge, smart card. We will include a funnel for you to refill. Sad method apply to mimaki and Roland.

Www.yessolvent.com for more information.

ironchef

I'm using oem ss21 inks. Can i do that as well? Buying a refillable cartridge with the chips? How do i get the ink out the bag? I never opened one before

CS-SignSupply-TT

OEM ss21

I'm using oem ss21 inks. Can i do that as well? Buying a refillable cartridge with the chips? How do i get the ink out the bag? I never opened one before

ironchef, I am not sure you want to go through the labor of opening the OEM cartridges and attempting to drain the bladders of the remaining ink. By the way, how much printing are you doing i.e. 5-7 hours a day five days a week -or- 5-7 hours a week?

centinela

Thanks everyone.

how much printing are you doing i.e. 5-7 hours a day five days a week -or- 5-7 hours a week?

I´m only doing about 5-7 hours/week for now. Hope to do more in the near future once I get more stablished.

customcreations

I ignore the ink out at 5% on my Mutoh. I hit cancel and print on till it runs all the way out. I do tend to babysit my machine though. I get the maximum out of everything I buy for my shop!

ironchef

I've only had it a couple days. And i been printing on it appox. 3 to 5 hours a day so far. I've had some customers already waiting for us to get the mimaki. So we've been taking care of pending orders. I haven't done any advertising yet. But once i get this down and running with no problems ill feel more comfortable doing some marketing.

thewvsignguy

I ignore the ink out at 5% on my Mutoh. I hit cancel and print on till it runs all the way out. I do tend to babysit my machine though. I get the maximum out of everything I buy for my shop!

Sorry :thread

I have a 1204 also and when the printer says 0% remaining I change the cartridge. Not that $10 in ink will break me but I'm more afraid of the damage I could do by running the cartridge completely out. I'm curious as to what happens when there is no more ink in the cartridge what does the printer do stop or does the print start to fade?

edgette

I've got a 1324 and the machine will automatically stop when it's out of ink. I put a new one in and it starts right back where it left off without a problem. The only time I didn't do this was on the first set of cartridges over 9 months ago. I can't say you won't have a problem with the older model but with mine I have not had a problem.

96XP

Curiosity got the better of me too one day.
So, YUP! .......... I do it once a year with my 'empties'.

Not because I'm cheap, but why throw away a few hundred dollars?
Those cartridges add up, and that puts gas in my skis. :thumb:

Attachments

• INK EXTRACTING.jpg
    INK EXTRACTING.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 128