Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Giant Milk Cartons

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by Andy @ Easy Signs, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Andy @ Easy Signs

Andy @ Easy Signs New Member

May 15, 2007
    Hi Guys,

Thought id show you a project we worked on last year for a milk company that was launching its new packaging in Sydney, Australia.

I put together a video for YouTube showing the process of making them, you can have a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZ8b4eBQ8U

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Andy
    Easy Signs

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    Tags:
  2. saktrnch

saktrnch Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Cool, Thanks for sharing.

3. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Thats way cool, you guys did a sweet job.

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Very nice work.
    Did you have to do anything to the joints where the panels meet up?
    I.E. an extra strip of printed vinyl to cover the joints?
    (the joints look seamless in the video)
    When you put them on the the street did you have to lag or sand bag them down to keep the wind from moving them out into the road?

wayne k
    guam usa

5. Andy @ Easy Signs

May 15, 2007
    Hi Wayne,

For the sides we printed the vinyl with enough bleed that we could wrap it around the back of the aluminium composite panel (to cover up the black edge). This then lined up with the graphic on the next panel and worked really well. I have attached a close up image to show the joins.

For the top panels we did the same thing however due to all the complex v-grooving and the frames all being slightly different they didnt all line up as well as the sides, but being 3 metres high people can't see the joins very closely at the top so it looked great.

The finished cartons were rather heavy so wind wasnt a problem, however we were leaving them unattended in busy parts of the city for 24 hours at a time (4 different locations all up).

In view of this we built a small door on the back that could be unscrewed, we put 150kg of sand bags in each for some extra weight. (We imagined drunk people walking home from a big night out would have a great time trying to tip them over).

Over the whole campaign only 1 was pushed over and 1 had a little bit of graffiti that we were able to clean up. So overall a success :)

They now live in Moove Milk's head office.

Cheers,

Andy
    Easy Signs

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
  6. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    very nice project. great execution.

7. acothran

acothran Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Bowling Green, KY
    Thanks for sharing the pics and the video. Great job they look fantastic. Of all items I've seen on the Portfolio Board, this is definitely one of the coolest.

Allen

8. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    They look great :thumb:

9. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Very cool project... thanks for sharing!:thumb:

10. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    nice project ..looks good also . ... did the campaign do the milk company any good just wondering if they said anything about it

11. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    Very cool!

12. GP

GP Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2007
    SC
    Very nicely done!

13. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Those are great!

14. Andy @ Easy Signs

May 15, 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Craig, in regards to the milk company having good results. They ran this along side major TV & Radio Campaigns, they also had people standing next to the giant cartons handing out free milk during the day.

The feedback we received was that they thought they looked great and thought they attracted a lot of attention towards the people handing out the samples. I guess its hard to measure the exact results but they indicated they might look at doing this for another milk brand they own at some time in the future so I guess they decided it was a worthwhile exercise.

Cheers,

Andy